tank rebuild lol (moto 4)

samolia

Jul 13, 2008
Alger, Michigan
ok i know its not a blaster but its still a yamaha haha
its a 1986 yamaha moto 4 225cc
high range, low range, and reverse I:I
anyways i picked it up for $150

now i just wanna fix everything thats broken and "try" to make it look better...

now i ask you what would you guys think if i did like an army theme like flat black racks and bars and then paint the plastics olive drab green???

anywho heres the first pic..
100_0183.jpg

ok now i decided to go out and take off the plastics today so i can get a good look at everything thats bad on it. (theres a little more wrong then i expected but oh well lol)
heres some pics with the plastics off.
100_0184.jpg

100_0185.jpg

100_0186.jpg

Lol... Nascar sticker! I think army colors would be cool. It would be awesome if you could go green plastic, black racks, and a camo seat cover...

i think the camo idea would be cool! also get a camo seat cover
but once its all fixed up and stuff u should be able to go where ever u want to

its old nasty gas when i pulled the tank off...
the old gas looked like camel piss dark yellow..

Ahh, okay. Well having some old nasty gas on the side is probably better then a leak somewhere.

Maybe you could take the racks off and put some new plastics on... it may look good. Or maybe remove the front racks.

One of my dad's friends restored a Moto4 350. He painted the plastic green, racks gloss black, got the seat covered in camo, and painted the wheels white. Looks pretty good, and boy is it a tank.

i have a moto4 200 that i was gonna build before i bought my blaster but man...it needed EVERYTHING. still got it in the basement but decided i might have a little more fun with the blaster for now anyway

Hey John measure those shocks... We have some laying around if the will work for you.. Although yours look really short. we have some cables, and lever here too if you want to rummage through them too.... Umm we have a few Blaster carbs here too if they will interchange, and can help you out with the cosmentics too if you need anything..

Let me know

Hey John measure those shocks... We have some laying around if the will work for you.. Although yours look really short. we have some cables, and lever here too if you want to rummage through them too.... Umm we have a few Blaster carbs here too if they will interchange, and can help you out with the cosmentics too if you need anything..

Let me know

hey thanks tim your always the first guy to offer help!!!..I:I
but yeah ill measure the shocks on it i MAY be able to put some blaster shocks on it who knows..lol.
i check out the carb too because it is TINY smaller then a blaster carb haha..
if it doesnt have an accelerator pump on it then a blaster carb may work..
ive got the battery on a trickle charger right now when i pulled it out the battery was frozen so hopefully its still good (its electric start only)
and i still have to clean out the carb, im being a little lazy about it right now. then again its only 2degrees outside right now so i have a good excuse haha