Making my roundhouse swingarm!

very nice looking swinger there. If you make a +3 and would ike it tested for extreme MX let me know?;)
I would have rotated the flame carrier just a bit more back so its more visible but not hatin because thats some clean work and the welds are pretty damn sweet looking too!

Thanks! I wanted to rotate the carrier more, BUT that would put the Pinch Bolts in a spot that looked low and not good!

What's with the shock mount? Only way for good "placement"? What shock you using?

Are you doing a linkage set up? Looks awesome.

Im making a removable shock mount. Kinda like i did in this swingarm but different. http://www.blasterforum.com/custom-fabbing-132/experimental-swingarm-48088/

This swingarm will have a mount that bolts directly to it, and no big heavy thing like my experimental swingarm.

I have a Works Ultracross with Rez!

Skid plate and chain guide mounts.

100_7372_zps87ec9e6a.jpg

100_7375_zpsfb01a5ef.jpg

100_7376_zps11aa5897.jpg

man i want one of these tings so i can pound on it and not worry but i dont like the roundhouse design myself i had that on a polaris trailblazer.

I got a problem!
I want to find out what to do when i make my next swingarm.

In this pic is my stock arm in my jig, the front pivots are exactly where i want them to be and the axle is dead center and my sprocket hub is in the perfect position.

In this pic the sprocket hub is inline with my scribe line.

This is my roundhouse swingarm in the jig, the front pivots are exactly where i want them to be and the axle is dead center BUT BUT. Go to next pic!

The sprocket hub is OFF!!!!!!!!:eek:X(

Off by about 3/16".

So to make this thing work i cut 3/16" off the sprocket hub side of the carrier housing tube.

Now my sprocket hub is in the perfect position, but my axle is off by about 3/16". X(

ehhhh, so what if the axle is offset 3/16", throw 3/16" of washers behind the short side wheel hub to space it out even
if it bothers you. but it won't effect the ride at all.

i put the spacers in the wrong order on my g-force axle and was offset 1/2" to one side, was like that for 2 seasons and nobody knew but me and my tape measure.
as long as it's aligned straight, it didn't make one bit of difference in the ride. she rolls straight down the hard road
it's actually put together like that again now, but i have since figured out the one spacer goes on the outside of the brake hub and will be put like that when i install my new rad carrier.

hate to say it but what if u put the axle in a lathe? and turned the back of the hub stopper thing back 3/16???

I thought about that, and that will center my axle,but will that move the splines for the brake rotor hub in to far. Probably not because i dont need all the splines for a floating brake rotor hub when i have floating rear brake caliper.

ehhhh, so what if the axle is offset 3/16", throw 3/16" of washers behind the short side wheel hub to space it out even
if it bothers you. but it won't effect the ride at all.

i put the spacers in the wrong order on my g-force axle and was offset 1/2" to one side, was like that for 2 seasons and nobody knew but me and my tape measure.
as long as it's aligned straight, it didn't make one bit of difference in the ride. she rolls straight down the hard road
it's actually put together like that again now, but i have since figured out the one spacer goes on the outside of the brake hub and will be put like that when i install my new rad carrier.

I was thinking about some washers or a spacers. But then i thought the best bet is just cutting 3/16 of of one of my custom aluminum wheel spacers.

Now I think im just going to run it as is until i get a new axle next year.

I want to know if everyone that is running a roundhouse carrier is also running a axle that is off center by about 3/16"?
Is there a different axle that i need?
Is there a different sprocket hub that will inline the sprocket when the axle is dead center. I cant see a different sprocket hub moving it over 3/16" because there wont be any room to get the holes for chain adjuster.

I got a another minor problem!

My rear brake caliper wont fit with the parking brake mount on it. The parking brake mount hits the carrier housing.

I think i have a yamaha warrior rear brake caliper and the parking brake mount comes off of it and goes DOWN and hits the carrier housing.

It looks like the Banshees, raptors and some of the yfz450 and some of the other ATV have the same caliper but they have a parking brake mount that goes UP, and i think it will work.

I would like to get just the parking brake mount that goes UP and fit it on my caliper, but i dont see any on ebay. So if i want to keep a parking brake i may have to spend some $$$$$ and get a new caliper.