Fishing?

I am a big freshwater guy.I love saltwater also but only offshore.I have a 16ft bass boat with a new johnson on it and 2 aluminum john boats.

What do you all use? Flies, lures, bait?

What kind of rigs do you have? Ill start.

My flyrig is a Ross 5 weight 4 piece rod. A ross 4/5 weight reel, rio 5 weight weight forward floating line and I use 5x tapered leader down to a 7x foot piece of tippet. I only fish dry flies, terrestrials, and sinking stripping patterns (wooly buggers, leaches, etc)

My spincasting rig is a Gloomis GL3 2 piece 6'6 ultralight with a Pfleuger President XT reel. I use 4 lb Flourocarbon P-Line on it. I fish only with lures, jigs, spoons, spinners, etc.

My favorite spoons are Little Cleos and Kastmasters. My favorite lure (still kind of a spoon) is a Jakes Lure. My favorite spinners are Panther Martins.

My favorite flies are elk haired caddis patterns, black and brown midge patterns, mosquitoes, etc.

I havent gotten too much into nymphing with my flyrod. Dry flies / wet flies in the surface meniscus are too much fun.

I have many rods in my arsenal and a few different brands.For freshwater I bring my 5 1/2,6,6 1/2 spinning rod and my 6 ft baitcaster.I primarily use only yamamoto 4,5, and 6 inch rubber worms watermalon flake,green pumpkin colors and hook them either weedless or wacky.I also use alot of spinners in different colors and combinations.I have tons of hardbaits also but only use them if it's a slow day.When I go up north I will use crayfish also to catch smallies,works great.

What do you go after them with?

Are the bass the only things in the pond?

For now only bass, a pike or 2 and some crappys.Live worm is best but I like to try my skills with some spinner lurs.It's hard.The water is as clear as drinking water.

2a8ol8g.jpg

My grandson got this one from my pond last summer.

i love to fish also salt water and fresh. redfish and speckled trout are fun to go after but tuna and wahoo is crazy my first time out i caught 4 30+lb blackfins and one 140+lb yellowfin. i thought i was gonna die lol

i love to fish also salt water and fresh. redfish and speckled trout are fun to go after but tuna and wahoo is crazy my first time out i caught 4 30+lb blackfins and one 140+lb yellowfin. i thought i was gonna die lol

try going shark fishing out by me on long island 250lbs sharks with out the chair we do it, only in a harness now thats a challenge

acually i hooked a couple bigg ass sharks that ate big tuna off the hook and they where pretty tough but the tuna swim way way faster and deeper 200lb yellowfin>200lb shark
and we didnt have chairs either and we where on a boat in the gulf in november

acually i hooked a couple bigg ass sharks that ate big tuna off the hook and they where pretty tough but the tuna swim way way faster and deeper 200lb yellowfin>200lb shark
and we didnt have chairs either and we where on a boat in the gulf in november

yea the tuna are fast fish i didnt see the yellow fins you where talking about just the first fish, I re-read your recent post and yes the big tunnas are deffently harder then a shark we also go deep sea tuna fishing but we have to go a good 20-30miles of for that

you guys are makeing me jealous lol i love to fish but im in the middle of the country so i dont get to go after all the giant fish i bet its fun to hook into something that weighs more than you do but i make do with 25lb catfish an the crappie are always fun

Ive got a $20 walmart setup laying around, its kinda rusty too. Every now and then I get the itch to get some hot dogs and try my luck at the storm water pond around the corner from my house. There's some kinda fish in there, bout the size of my hand, dunno what they are tho. I catch a lot of turtles, there smelly little animals. Oh and one time I caught some kind of eel. cut my line on that one, Scared the crap outta me cus I though it was a moccasin, and it probably was too.

yea thats a nice size one right there, how much you think that one weights

over 140lbs the pic does it no justice but when you compare it to me im 5,7 170-175 and the black fins on the deck are about 25 to 30lbs. it was like hooking sombody passing by on a ported and piped shee toped out in 6th lol. it was hell cause our rigs where set up for wahoo

Ive got a $20 walmart setup laying around, its kinda rusty too. Every now and then I get the itch to get some hot dogs and try my luck at the storm water pond around the corner from my house. There's some kinda fish in there, bout the size of my hand, dunno what they are tho. I catch a lot of turtles, there smelly little animals. Oh and one time I caught some kind of eel. cut my line on that one, Scared the crap outta me cus I though it was a moccasin, and it probably was too.

lol i hate eeeeeels i caught one of those in the pond right by my house. oh and those fish you are talkin about, they're just panfish.

over 140lbs the pic does it no justice but when you compare it to me im 5,7 170-175 and the black fins on the deck are about 25 to 30lbs. it was like hooking sombody passing by on a ported and piped shee toped out in 6th lol. it was hell cause our rigs where set up for wahoo

yea the biggest tuna i hooked was alittle smaller then that one, its nasty when u got a tuna on the line and u pull it up and half of it is missing from a shark