experimental swingarm!!!

Almost ready to go on!! lol The paint is a bit sticky, and it takes XO-Rust Paint and Prime in one some time to fully dry, and its a little to hot for me to stay after at work to work on it.. Its all greased up and ready to go!!!!I:I

rtg2.jpg

rtg3.jpg

rtg4.jpg

rtg1.jpg

I got it loosely put together, and have about 9 1/4" of suspension travel. I can get more but the ass end is already about 2" higher, and im going to give this a try before i take it any higher. Pic of it when the suspension is opened..VVV

on1.jpg

When the suspension is opened i got 31" from the ground to the frame..
This is a pic of the spot on the frame where i take my measurement..VVVV
on2.jpg

From the top of the carrier to the frame i got 19 3/4, when the suspension is opened. This is a pic of the spot on the carrier where i take my measurement...VVVV
on4.jpg

on3.jpg

With the suspension collapsed i got 21 3/4" from the ground to the frame, and 10 1/2" from the carrier to the frame.. VVVVVV

on5.jpg

Cant go much lower because the airbox drain is hitting the old swingarm shock mount... I WONT have this problem with the next swingarm!!!!
on6.jpg

Reactions: speedemon17
looks amazing did u ride it yet???

Not yet!!! I spent about 1hr today fighting with the skid plate, it was so twisted i had to beat the hell out of it to get it on. I also took my Procircuit spark arrestor off and put my CT Racing Silencer back on. Now its time to set my ride height..

Threads like this win. Good stuff Bronco.

I get a bit jealous when I read stuff like this because I cant fabricate and chances are none of us are gonna have a chance to run a setup like that :p

I think i got my ride height sag set!!! According to my Works shocks adjustment sheet my rider sag should be between 1/4 to 1/3 of my ATV wheel travel. A stock blaster has 7.09" of travel so the rider sag should be between 2.363" - 1.772", I had my sag set a little more then 1 3/4", with the stock amount of travel and a 4 1/2" swingarm extension. NOW i got 9 1/4"I:I of suspension travel on a +4 swingarm, and my sag should between 3.083" - 2.312", so i set my sag at 2 1/2", and i'm going to give it a try.. I had to screw the spring adjuster nut 7 turns, and was only able to turn it about 1/8 of a turn at a time. Talk about a KNUKLEBUSTER!!!:eek:

I got the new upper shock bolt on and i'm ready for a test ride, but it was to HOT out, so i just kicked started it and enjoyed the smell of race gas.. lol

I'm thinking about making another shock mount that will give me 10" of suspension travel. I can't make my suspension drop any lower with out my airbox drain hitting my swingarm or modding my airbox, but i can raise it 3/4" higher.. I only raised my azz end up 2" because it felt to high when i sat on it with no ride height sag. Now with 2 1/2" of sag it feels awesome, so i think i can add 3/4" to give me 10" of travel.

Rider sag should be between 1/4 to 1/3 of the ATV wheel travel, so with 10" of travel i should be between 3.333" - 2.50"....