Changing the gear oil doesn't fix everything.

Blastincummins

Nov 30, 2012
Im new to this forum because I wanted to get some extra opinions from blaster owners.
While searching for any issues through the threads. The only answers I see about tranny problems/gear issues are "changing the oil". No sh*t! I guess the majority of people on here are teenagers who haven't owned their first real vehicle.

So here we go again......
First gear is clanking, YES THE GD OIL WAS DRAINED AND REFILLED WITH 2T GEAR SAVER.
No shavings found. Second gear locks the wheels up randomly but is smooth aswell as the rest of the gears. YES IT CRANKS, IDLES AND DOES NOT BOG. ITS STRICTLY GEARS OR TRANNY COMPONENTS.
Anyone with a LICENSE or pubic hair have any thoughts?

The engine has a new top end(not bored), new carrier bearing and a newer clutch.

i gave you sound advice in your last thread...............

i'd remove the chain and check that carrier again,
then move on into the clutch and flywheel side covers to see if anything is wrong in there,
before splitting the cases looking for an internal tranny/gear problem

give us more details and results of what was suggested, before going on your own pre pubescent tirade next time.

you may also check the action of the shifter mechanism/shift star before splitting the cases
i'd suspect something is up in the clutch area since it was just fapped with

Last edited:
Hey man, the lisence and pubic hair, and the tag "dumbasses" wasn't necessary

No kidding. You come here for help then talk sh!t. If all you got from here was change the oil then go somewhere else. There is alot of great info on this forum you just have to look. If 2nd is locking up then I'd forget about what first is doing and split the cases. Something majorly bad is going on. Your gonna break something. I cant tell you what's wrong with your tranny but I can say it's gonna take more than a oil change.

Im new to this forum because I wanted to get some extra opinions from blaster owners.
While searching for any issues through the threads. The only answers I see about tranny problems/gear issues are "changing the oil". No sh*t! I guess the majority of people on here are teenagers who haven't owned their first real vehicle.

So here we go again......
First gear is clanking, YES THE GD OIL WAS DRAINED AND REFILLED WITH 2T GEAR SAVER.
No shavings found. Second gear locks the wheels up randomly but is smooth aswell as the rest of the gears. YES IT CRANKS, IDLES AND DOES NOT BOG. ITS STRICTLY GEARS OR TRANNY COMPONENTS.

The engine has a new top end(not bored), new carrier bearing and a newer clutch.
Not going to get much help with an attitude like that. No one here has any respect for that or wants to help when comments like that are posted.
Yes you may get some responses that are "newbish" but understand that they too are learning and trying to help so at least give them some credit. Not everyone knows everything about these bikes or mechanics in general thats why these forums are here. To discuss problems and help eachother through them. So back off the ignorant comments and you may get the help you're looking for!

No sh*t! I guess the majority of people on here are teenagers who haven't owned their first real vehicle.

I feel that I should inform you that there are a few young ones on here that I would be proud to have working by my side.

In answer to your question, how about you pull the case off and have a look for yourself.

I saw this earlier and was going to let it pass but it doesn't look like I am. To the OP, you insulted a guy who's first instinct was exactly the same as you, to change the transmission lubricant. And his suggestion was to gain farther insight on what's wrong. It was good valid advice from one of the most helpful members here, which would have never been given if you would have given complete information regarding your problem. I had the exact same problem with a CR250 tranny. It made a noise in 1st and sometimes would lock up in 2nd, if I pushed 2nd gear too hard.

I dont know sh*t but it sounds like your forks are messed up maybe you pooped a clip out the blasters butt hole. Or maybe some more oil might help :) OG I hear oil and a hammer works good but like I said I dont know sh*tttt.

LOL, looks like this guy is angry because he didnt get any help on his first thread. It also looks like he still hasnt gotten any.... Im with him, having quite a few issues with my sons blaster and cant find really any true help/answers here. He asked for help, vulgorly but kind of necessarily. How come this thread got so many posts but his original(nice) post was completely disregarded? riddle me that "professional technicians"??? Like I said, looks like most of you rather attack attitude than the Blaster issue. Thought that was what Facebook was for... HAHAHA
BTW: adding an ! or an * in a cuss word does make it ok. I see he was banned, and probably for his "language" but you people are just as guilty. I see nothing but bashing going on here and im pretty sure we all clicked the acknowledgments stating we will not use threatening or abrasive language but most of you are guilty and this "oldguy" giving advice about more oil and a hammer is just ignorant and yet he is still a member

i'd remove the chain and check that carrier again,
then move on to the clutch and flywheel side covers to see if anything is wrong in there,
before splitting the cases looking for an internal tranny/gear problem

Might want to do a oil change if nothing else because you just got it. And you can look through the oil for and metal shreds.

So what is this, if it is not help, Scotch mist.

more ignorance...... If someone asks a specific question on a serious problem, they have probably checked all simpler options. Oils, clutch plates, chain, etc... Its called common sense. tripleB, go color something. No man that has had sex would use womens rearends as thier profile photo nor would they make a reference to KY in an atv forum. I suggest you go twitter yourself using that KY.

more ignorance...... If someone asks a specific question on a serious problem, they have probably checked all simpler options. Oils, clutch plates, chain, etc... Its called common sense. tripleB, go color something. No man that has had sex would use womens rearends as thier profile photo nor would they make a reference to KY in an atv forum. I suggest you go twitter yourself using that KY.

You would be SHOCKED at the number of times it's something so simple that someone overlooked..... You start at the easy stuff and work your way to taking off more and more complicated parts to get to until you've found the problem.

You do realize, that you referenced KY in suggesting someone twitter themselves, right? 8-|

2gtaoup.jpg

Look at you big guy, using your big boy voice!

I LiEk to COLUR :)

from being around for a while....

you typically assume the OP knows nothing, and then start at the very beginning of the diagnostic process to try to figure out where they're at in trying to get the problem resolved.

Most of the time they don't include any information about what they have tried or even get back to you during the process.

People will often dismiss good trouble shooting info if they don't like the face that it's going to either be a lot of work, or potentially expensive.

from being around for a while....

You typically assume the op knows nothing, and then start at the very beginning of the diagnostic process to try to figure out where they're at in trying to get the problem resolved.

Most of the time they don't include any information about what they have tried or even get back to you during the process.

People will often dismiss good trouble shooting info if they don't like the face that it's going to either be a lot of work, or potentially expensive.

x2 .

just fitting in to the madness..... I guess I should assume most the world lacks common sense. especially since NO one has mentioned or noticed that I am blastincummins.... dont try to pretend you knew..... imbackBC...... ????? hahahaha but atleast I got a few helping thoughts before I get banned again. Ill figure it out myself, im not a kid who needs others to it for me. I just figured since there was a forum specifically for blasters id see what yall had to say. I got exactly what I was thinking.... Nothing but a hard time.
BTW, I have found the issue/s and parts are on the way. Its not my first 2stroke rebuild and it wont be the last. Holler kids