Blaster (YFS200) Real Yamaha Shop Manual

i have a 98 blaster... my friend use to race it before and eliminated the headlight etc. well im tryin to figure out how to wire it back in. I followed your wiring schematic and your colors arent matchin up to mine. Im guessing your manual is for 03 up?

i have a yellow, green and a white wire in the location of where the headlight is supppose to be!

Also do I have to use the stock headlight or can I use some aftermarket foglights?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

i have a 98 blaster... my friend use to race it before and eliminated the headlight etc. well im tryin to figure out how to wire it back in. I followed your wiring schematic and your colors arent matchin up to mine. Im guessing your manual is for 03 up?

i have a yellow, green and a white wire in the location of where the headlight is supppose to be!

Also do I have to use the stock headlight or can I use some aftermarket foglights?

well, what i would do is get yourself a test light or am meter and while its running...(if u use a test light) hook it up to a chassis ground or any nut bolted to the frame and turn the switch on for the headlamp and check the wires for power..if u can also get a pic up here so ppl can put there 2 cents in....

Awesome information on the service sheet!!!! WOW! I:I
It answered a lot of questions I had from stock gearing all the way to carb settings and jetting!

i have the 88-03 manual i got it from a freind who sold his blaster for a road motorcycle.

Thanks Randelator, I needed some torque specs that the original manual didn't have - actually, the original manual doesn't have much of anything in it. I am having my son install a block-off kit today on his Blaster. Makes a Dad proud to watch his kid figure stuff out!

not sure how helpful this manual will be for a 2003 but I downloaded it anyway.....dont think the blasters have changed too much in their time.

yellow and green and white should be the headlight wiring. i stripped all the wiring off my bike except for the cdi/magneto/ignition. i dont know how much your friend removed, but yellow red should go to a little metal box with a blue wire on it, this is a voltage regulator. you need it.

yellow with red tracer is power for the lights.
blue is for the taillight (if its still there, probably in the switch)
green wire is for lowbeam headlight
yellow is for highbeam headlight.

hope this helps! also, if need be i will email you the PDF document containing the entire YFS200 98-01 blaster owners manual.

does anybody know why when i turn on my head lites they do lite up for a second but it kills the motor to
any ides please help frustrated and mad

does anybody know why when i turn on my head lites they do lite up for a second but it kills the motor to
any ides please help frustrated and mad