New here

backwoods89

Apr 5, 2024
Just picked up 02 blaster not sure what to jet it has full fmf exhaust and filter no box everything else has been deleted. Think it came with factory 230 didn't see any Numbers on it spits at low throttle but clears afterwards did full carb rebuild I'm at roughly 900 ft above sea level mild winters and hot humid summers any help would be appreciated. I was thinking 270 no chop test yet stock carb and new reeds. Was leaking fuel from overflow at pick up

Last edited:
Agree with Tooloose, incorrect float adjustment or any other issue with the float and inlet valve that cause fuel to come out the overflow will play hell with your jetting. That needs to be corrected before concerning yourself with jetting adjustments.

Reactions: backwoods89
Agree with Tooloose, incorrect float adjustment or any other issue with the float and inlet valve that cause fuel to come out the overflow will play hell with your jetting. That needs to be corrected before concerning yourself with jetting adjustments.
I got it all cleaned and it quit leaking so you think a 270 main is good for 900ft or less sea level?
Lower the float to level or a fraction less. Install new needle and seat and float kit.

I got it all cleaned and it quit leaking so you think a 270 main is good for 900ft or less sea level?
Sorry, I'm not real familiar with Mikuni jet sizes. I use Keihin carbs. Swapped in a Keihin PWK28 on my daughters Blaster before we even ran it