HELPPPP CARB ISSUE?

Luiii

Oct 10, 2023
So I have a 95 blaster, it has a fmf full exhaust, foam filter with no lid. Everything else is stock. Runnning br8es plug, carb is stock only thing I did was change the main jet to a 270. And now it’s running weird. It idles good. Takes off good. But when I go WOT it’s like it hits rev limiter really early if that makes any sense, ever since I put the bigger main jet, also it doesn’t smoke AT ALL. Before I was running a 240 main and would smoke not too much not too little. But felt like it needed to be opened up more. Should I go lower on the main? Am I running lean/rich? No idea

(first time posting on here btw)

Anyone???
Did it run well before?..clean carb, do leak down test..adjust air fuel screw..and do plug chops..you will have to research these things if you don't know what they are..could put the air box lid back on with the 240-250 jet ..I'm not sure what jet to recommend for your pipe specifically..weather is changing also depending on location and elevation could effect it also ....

Did it run well before?..clean carb, do leak down test..adjust air fuel screw..and do plug chops..you will have to research these things if you don't know what they are..could put the air box lid back on with the 240-250 jet ..I'm not sure what jet to recommend for your pipe specifically..weather is changing also depending on location and elevation could effect it also ....

So it was running okay but I felt like it needed more fuel, the person I bought this from I think was running it too lean? I took the plug out and it was gray like a chalky gray so I put a new plug, changed the main to a 270 and after 3 hours of trail riding, the plug came back almost perfect jetting. It was a tan/ light brown color. So I have a 250 and 260 main that I’m going to swap over to see if it does that “rev limiter sound” still. Hopefully not! I cleaned the carb as well and screw is turned out a bit less then 1 and 1/2. Thanks for reply! I’ll try the 260 main and if nothing changes I’ll go back to putting the lid on and see! Thanks!

So it was running okay but I felt like it needed more fuel, the person I bought this from I think was running it too lean? I took the plug out and it was gray like a chalky gray so I put a new plug, changed the main to a 270 and after 3 hours of trail riding, the plug came back almost perfect jetting. It was a tan/ light brown color. So I have a 250 and 260 main that I’m going to swap over to see if it does that “rev limiter sound” still. Hopefully not! I cleaned the carb as well and screw is turned out a bit less then 1 and 1/2. Thanks for reply! I’ll try the 260 main and if nothing changes I’ll go back to putting the lid on and see! Thanks!

also I’m in central Florida

ALWAYS try richer first !!
What does the plug look like?
Dirty little trick is to pull choke out half way, if better try all the way out. Also check flow from tank to carb. This is presuming carb is clean and float set.

ALWAYS try richer first !!
What does the plug look like?
Dirty little trick is to pull choke out half way, if better try all the way out. Also check flow from tank to carb. This is presuming carb is clean and float set.

Plug looks normal, so I ended up buying a rebuilt oem carb, (previous one was a Chinese brand) and went with vforce 4 reeds and upgraded to a 290 main and still does the same thing. Weird thing is I can ride in flat ground (street) all day but as soon as I go trail riding it acts up after maybe 20mins or so. Also I ordered a petcock, because also right when that starts to happen I noticed when I close my fuel valve and open it back up nothing flows thru it, only when I rev pretty high and then only comes out a bit of fuel thru the lines. But when I unplug the line from the carb while fuel is on the gas dumps right out like normal, plug it back in and it stops.

Plug looks normal, so I ended up buying a rebuilt oem carb, (previous one was a Chinese brand) and went with vforce 4 reeds and upgraded to a 290 main and still does the same thing. Weird thing is I can ride in flat ground (street) all day but as soon as I go trail riding it acts up after maybe 20mins or so. Also I ordered a petcock, because also right when that starts to happen I noticed when I close my fuel valve and open it back up nothing flows thru it, only when I rev pretty high and then only comes out a bit of fuel thru the lines. But when I unplug the line from the carb while fuel is on the gas dumps right out like normal, plug it back in and it stops.
"Ain't got no gas in it"...seriously tho..might be as simple as clogged fuel line ...had this happenon a friend's walk behind mower..cleaned carb, tank and new fuel cap and damned if the hose wasn't just clogged a bit ..

Also. If your watching fuel run thru a clear filter and your line is not clogged I would check the float hight. But since it does it on both carbs? Who knows?..also the filter could have a film that's not noticeable or be on backwards..post back what u come up with..

Also. If your watching fuel run thru a clear filter and your line is not clogged I would check the float hight. But since it does it on both carbs? Who knows?..also the filter could have a film that's not noticeable or be on backwards..post back what u come up with..

Yeah it’s a clear hose and it’s not clogged so my guess it’s the petcock cause both the carb looked fine and the floats as well so only thing is the petcock so hopefully after I replace that it’ll be fine! lol such a headache with this issue bro. I’m gonna see if I can post a video so you can see what I’m talking about. Btw idk if the whole fuel thing has anything to do with the rev limiter sound but we’ll see. Once I replace the valve I’ll let you know

Yeah it’s a clear hose and it’s not clogged so my guess it’s the petcock cause both the carb looked fine and the floats as well so only thing is the petcock so hopefully after I replace that it’ll be fine! lol such a headache with this issue bro. I’m gonna see if I can post a video so you can see what I’m talking about. Btw idk if the whole fuel thing has anything to do with the rev limiter sound but we’ll see. Once I replace the valve I’ll let you know

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0f6E6PKZh3DoF36_ZPa9ufNQQ