Bike only idles with choke pulled out

Nov 29, 2016
Just finished putting together the blaster. New top end, KOR porting, Toomey B1, Vforce 4, Keihin 28 pwk. Bike only idles with choke pulled. Seems much crisper when it's out. Push it in, not as crisp and dies within about 25 seconds. It is a brand new carb, has 145 main, 38 pilot. Any ideas? Had the stock airbox lid with those Toomey vents.

Thanks, that's some great info. I didn't do a leak test. In all my years after a rebuild I haven't had a leak. Tho anything is possible. I did spray some brake cleaner around the intake and nothing happened. I personally believe, especially after seeing what everyone else is running that the pilot is too lean. I will swap that out and go from there. Awk, i saw you make leak testers, I'm deff interested in 1.

Reactions: Awk08
Awk it won't let me reply to the message for some
Reason?

were you even able to open and read it ?
$ received Anthony, but I still need your shipping info, it doesn't show up in Paypal when $ transferred as "family/friends"
can I email you at that paypal email address ? it appears to be a business email ?
will get one made up today, as parts just arrived, and ship monday

Anthony needs 2 more members to give him a "like" for his PM's to be available to him

Well, I got the leak tester, and everything I did doesn't leak... However, I couldn't even get that thing to read 1 psi. Started spraying it down and boom, bubbles pouring out of the flywheel cover. So, my guess is with a leak that big, that might be my problem. Crank seals are on the way. I'll do both sides. I sprayed the reed cage and base of the cylinder. I didn't see anything. I'll replace the seals and do another test. When I removed the exhaust flange there was so much oil in the exhaust port. The piston was covered in oil.

Reactions: best