wtf is wrong with this bike

blaster4over

Jan 1, 2017
I Bought a 00 blaster about a month ago from someone who couldn't get it started. I managed to fix the ground and got it started. Then I changed the jet to 290 because the bike has fmf exhaust and is supposedly a 260. When I removed the bowl the bike didnt even have a jet in there. Anyways I got the bike running it idles good but as soon as you give it gas it Boggs down and dies. The longest I drive it was for twenty seconds then it choked and died again. The tor system is disconnected and I have the idle shim on the third notch with a spacer above and below it. That is the only location that it doesn't spit gas out of the overflow. I played with the air screw and still when I give it gas it dies. I had a similar problem with a warrior that would slowly bog down and die and that problem was the timing chain jumped a tooth but I hear you can't time these blasters? I did take the flywheel off at one point when I Bought the bike but feel like I put it back right. Any ideas??

If the carb is spilling fuel out the over flow, the float needle isn't shutting off the fuel flow. I would start by giving the carb a good cleaning. Be sure to disassemble the carb to clean it properly. There is no telling what was done to it before you purchased it. Set the float height. Also, is the brass washer under the main jet? Perhaps you can post some photos of the disassembled carb, and a photo or two of it on the blaster?

It does not leak gas only if I remove the clip from the third notch and set it anywhere else. I never set the floats and don't know how. Also I don't remember there ever being a washer in the carb or with my jet kit.

Attachments

• 20170219_120521.jpg
    20170219_120521.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
  • 20170219_120540.jpg
    20170219_120540.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 238
It does not leak gas only if I remove the clip from the third notch and set it anywhere else. I never set the floats and don't know how. Also I don't remember there ever being a washer in the carb or with my jet kit.

It sounds like your float is out of spec. making the carb. load up with gas . New float needle seat ? Keep the needle on the 3rd. slot . Start with the air screw 1.5 turns out from slightly seated . Adjust your float 20-21.5 mm .
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/float-heights-how-adjust-them-50565/

And you need the washer under the main jet

After you do all that get back to us

Reactions: joeak47
Carbs are cheap even original equipment carbs, purchase new Kehin carb with no tors top and cable changeovers kit then install adjust and go sling sum dirt back behind you on the the slower guys✌️

I put a washer under the jet then adjusted the floats high and low and it did the same excate thing. I ordered a stock jet for 5$ to see if that helps. I'll be back at it next weekend

Don't use a stock 230 jet with an FMF pipe you're asking for more problems than you have now . How did you set your float ? Read up on how to if you don't have a clue...a lot of great info on here . Youtube has plenty of video's as well . What washer did you use under the main ? Do you have good compression and spark ? Needle seat leaking ?

Just got back to the bike. My 240 jet did not fix the problem. Started up great idle fine then if I hit the has half way or more it bogs down . i believe my compression was at 110 120 and I am getting good spark. I have a new coil on there too. I don't know if my needle seat is leaking but will have the carb back apart very soon and will check

Sounds like an air leak somewhere...check for that . Did you get the float adjusted to the right height ? If your needle seat is bad or float is out of spec. it will leak gas out of the carb. overflow lines . What's your jetting at now ?

Sounds like an air leak somewhere...check for that . Did you get the float adjusted to the right height ? If your needle seat is bad or float is out of spec. it will leak gas out of the carb. overflow lines . What's your jetting at now ?

The 240 jet is in right now. Gas does not leak out. Im not even sure if the problem is the carb anymore.

Every time I hit the has as it bogs down I put my hand behind the carb and notice it's blowing air back out toward the air box and my hand got soaked with gas. Also attached is a pic that looks like a hose belongs there ? Also am I missing something on the black part as well?

Attachments

• 20170311_120343.jpg
    20170311_120343.jpg
    434.2 KB · Views: 236