Another engine

Oh no awk I'm not that good his engine is fine. I just bent his wheels nerf and maybe the handlebars. I also broke off the brush guard. They still have your picture up in the shop with a sign that says warning engine killer in big letters and little letters underneath saying he will redline your engine and run straight gas. If you see this man shoot on sight per Ken o Conner.

/\/\/\/\ baaaaaaahahahahaaaa, does the pic look like a mugshot ?????
i knew i'd become famous someday, one way or another, wait a minute,
i think thats called "infamous"

Hey guys I will try to explain it the best I can. It happened very fast and I'm not totally sure how it happened. It was when we were running some drags on the test track and I really wanted to open this baby up one last time. I make my last run coming back towards the starting point and man I had that throttle buried and she sounded nice. I was in 4th gear and came flying back down the straightway when all of a sudden I'm flipping forward about to eat dirt and the quads going with me. This is the part where I don"t know what I did wrong but some people who were watching said I dug a tire into a rut and ken said it could have been too much front braking . All I know is the quad hit my helmet hard flipped over broke the brushguard and landed on top of me. I quickly pushed the quad up and stood up to make sure it wAs ok. I also see a bunch of people running towards me asking if I am ok including ken. I was fine but concerned about the bike. One of the kids that came over to me handed me a phone and at first I thought he was giving me a phone to call 911 with then I realized it was my phone . It had flown out of my case and landed somewhere in the dirt about 25 feet from me. I had finally completed the ass dyno and was ready for a cold one lol. No broken bones but my hand is a little swollen but I will recover for next weeks trail ride :)

glad your ok bud. i have taken some spills like that.... luckily i only broke my collarbone. haha. i hear the thing to do is completelly loose conciousness before impact to avoid serious injury... haha i wish i could assdyno this thing im considering the same build.

Glad to hear your Ok! Bent wheels, no problem they'll get that way when Ken comes to ride the mountain. And awesome to here the BB is a success!

It's going to be a whopping 47 degrees for today's ride. Later this week, I'm going to pull the engine and take a look at what the non-bridged intake has done to the piston. If all is well ( I hope ) I'm going the install new main bearings and toss the long rod in.

I decided to build another engine for the Bud-Light Blaster. This will be the third one this year. It's a 4mm stroker ( thanks for the crank Slick!) with an LA Sleeve 240 cylinder. The cases are trenched and match ported and I'm in the process of doing the cylinder. I'll post more pics as I take them. Here's the cylinder work I did last night for the sleeve install. Doing this on the lathe is really fast. I was able to take .125” cuts. Try that on conventional boring equipment. Check out the intake bridge after the boring for the sleeve is done. I've got to run some numbers but I think I can get away with cutting it out if I don't make the port wider.

240LASleeve001.jpg

240LASleeve002.jpg

240LASleeve003.jpg

240LASleeve004.jpg

240LASleeve005.jpg

240LASleeve006.jpg

240LASleeve007.jpg

Damn that's a big bore bar.... Is that like 1.5 to 2inch diameter ?
That is a very rigid fixture U built to hold the cylinder... I like it

Thanks Angus. Sleeves is where it really pays off. I can take cuts of .100 like butter. I may wait a few more weeks to pull the cylinder. I let 4 NESC riders beat the hell out of this thing on Saturday. I instructed them to " try to blow this thing up". No one had any luck. I'll be offering this cylinder next year as long as I like what I see when I tear it down.