Another engine

Ken, I will measure it tonight... I never thought there was but one thickness (1.5mm) so I never did measure it but I have the top end off right now doing the change over and can throw a caliper on it to see!

Alright the spacer plate is 4mm thick:

SANY0002.jpg

The piston at TDC:

SANY0003.jpg

The piston at BDC:

SANY0005.jpg

57mm of stroke but a 4mil stroker plate.

Don't want to jack my own thread but here's what I got. Put the CPI pipe on tonight and I'm very happy with the results. This pipe is huge. It's fat like the beer whore at a keg party! I changed nothing on the jetting just to see what I had. I lost some low but picked up a bunch of mid and high. I also lost a bunch of heat. During the testing, I was running at 245 with the Toomy. Way too hot. The pipe alone with no other changes got me to 204 on pump fuel. I'm not going to say anything other than I need a neutral party to ride this thing. I love it but I built it. Local boys........... next weekend if you can make it down.

dang i wish i was closer!!!!!!!

sounds like its all coming together pretty well. anything you'd change from now?

Hey ken im only about half an hour away I would love to see this thing in action. I also have some parts I need machined so maybe it would be a good idea to stop by?

Wow a pipe that can decrease the temp 41*. I would of never guessed that, sounds like ya are havin some good results!

how are you getting these temp readings, with a infrared? i check my engine quite often after riding that way, my head is usually around 220-230... is that good? bad? what do you like the actual pipe to read as far as temp?

I was actually talking with ken about safe operating temp with these bikes. I have noticed a burning oil smell from my engine when I run it hard in the dunes. He did however discover the right pipe can make the biggest changes in temp on your engine. I am really looking forward to test ken's new build on sunday. I will report back as soon as I open her up ;) !

That's what I'm using. I'm still gathering data as far as different temps. The engine Jess rides runs about 170 / 190. Mine was at 204 last time I checked. Not sure what the max safe temp is but I know the 247 I was getting was too hot. Anyone that has a infrared should take some readings on the side of the exhaust port and the cylinder head. That should give us a good benchmark. The water cooled MX bikes are running 160 / 175. I tested about 20 of them a few weeks ago as they came off the track. The temp in the pipe is going to be different in the different sections. It will probably average about 500 - 600 inside the pipe.

That's what I'm using. I'm still gathering data as far as different temps. The engine Jess rides runs about 170 / 190. Mine was at 204 last time I checked. Not sure what the max safe temp is but I know the 247 I was getting was too hot. Anyone that has a infrared should take some readings on the side of the exhaust port and the cylinder head. That should give us a good benchmark. The water cooled MX bikes are running 160 / 175. I tested about 20 of them a few weeks ago as they came off the track. The temp in the pipe is going to be different in the different sections. It will probably average about 500 - 600 inside the pipe.

cool, ive tested my actual exhaust pipes a few times and i think the hottest its ever read was around 460 but i dont really test that too much mainly just the head and the cylinder in between the fins. lol sometimes i will hit my cases too to see how warm they are haha

Looks like I'll have to invest in another "special blasty tool". Sorry Honey, i have to have to keep track of the motor temps....