Another engine

Thanks Awk. Much easier to change the boot. I didn't get a filter with the box but I'll be getting the K & N with an Outer-wears cover this morning. I'm thinking two sizes or more larger on the main jet. I'll be putting the long-rod in the crank this afternoon and assembling the bottom end. I may shoot a vid of the assembly.

i think a video would be enjoyable

One thing I noticed when I went to the 240 +4 was more vibration in the engine . This has been bothering me. I called Falicon in Clearwater Florida today and had a great conversation with one of the techs. I'm going to get the crank assembly balanced. They have dealer pricing so naturally, I went ahead and set up an account. I'm going to be in Tampa in early January so I asked if they would give me a tour of the shop. I was surprised that they said “No Problem Ken”. Sorry guys. No vids or pics allowed. Should be very educational.

thats awsome ken, another great step towards perfection !!!!

From what I understand, the counter balance shaft reduces the natural vibration of the engine at a certain harmonic and doesn't come into play when balancing the crank assembly. All they need is the crank, piston, pin and top end bearing. He told me that they move the vibration that I'm feeling outside of the operating engine RPM. They do this by drilling holes in the webs or adding heavy metal. I'm no expert on balancing by should have a better idea of what it's all about when I get back from Falicon. There's a local guy that does balancing for a bunch of guys in the NESC but he won't budge on his price. He gets $350 and Falicon is getting $290. Falicon has been in business for a long time and I trust them.