50 psi BOOOOM

kep3vin

Feb 23, 2010
jersey shore
so i sent my dad to mount my pure sport bandits and 8x8 spun alum rims... his friend couldnt get them on so he went to a bike shop, got them on filled up one i guess with the valve stem in to 50psi let it sit there while he started the other it seated at 30 and the other blew up bent the lip to sh*t flew thru the air.. hell pay for a rim.. but it my tire f*** from haveing 50 psi?

they are real heavy duty tires, he'll pay for a new rim he said meaning he knows hes at fault.. and he said the mounts free...

shoulda uses some tire lube:) I worked in a tire shop for a bit and even on car tires specially the low profile crap you sometimes had to go over the recomended beading pressures, but usually not by that much, and never leave it set there for very long. another thing to try if it don't bead up is to set the tire in the sun for a couple hours.

yeh they left valve in, i thought you should take it out so once it beads.. you take it off and presure is gone and put the 4-5psi i ride with back in??

shoulda uses some tire lube:) I worked in a tire shop for a bit and even on car tires specially the low profile crap you sometimes had to go over the recomended beading pressures, but usually not by that much, and never leave it set there for very long. another thing to try if it don't bead up is to set the tire in the sun for a couple hours.

The sun does work good and put a rachet strap on that biotch! that's how I did my 35 and 38 mudder tires for my truck.

The sun does work good and put a rachet strap on that biotch! that's how I did my 35 and 38 mudder tires for my truck.

Ya we had a little trick to getting those big tires or liek 12 ply trailer tires to bead up. Basically a 20 pound propane cyliner with a 2 inch pipe and a valve welded to it. Fill it will 120#'s of air and hold the hell on. It was loud and neat:D

ive used a lil gas and a lighter when i broke bead in the trail jumping to flat out of a big ditch, and rode to a gas station