2000 Blaster Frame Up Build

Had a set of Bell BMX grips laying around. Decided it would be better than the junk grips that were on it and save a little cash for more important parts like new wheels and tires.

image.jpeg

So while I wait for more parts to arrive, I decided to work a little at making the ol' girl look a little better. Let me know your thoughts.

Before:
image.jpeg

After:
image.jpeg

I pulled both front shocks. Removed the yellow, beat up, green spray painted coils. Then proceeded to media blast and powder coat the coils. The worst part was taking off the coils and putting them back on without a compressor. The only compressor I have is for my Jeep coils and it was way too big for these little guys. In the end brute strength and elbow grease put them on.

Reactions: Fast6hand
I decided to start on some badly needed body work tonight. The original plastics ended up having 4...yes 4, different colors of paint on them. They were originally Teal. However, someone in the last 25 years decided to paint it a darker green, then red, followed by blue, and finally the black you see in the original pics I posted. I used Rustoleum Auto Stripper to remove all of the old paint. Then I scuffed the plastics with a sheet of 400 grit wet. I mixed up some generic white paint and sprayed it with my gun just to see how my planned color scheme will work. So far, I'm pretty happy with the results. I still need to strip the rear fender and smooth out my cuts. I also need to find a pair of fronts I can cut down and a new seat cover.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Iwantablaster
Finally repaired all of the plastics. It took a good bit of work with the soldering iron, but everything is good to go. I stripped about 5 layers of paint off to find the original white badly yellowed. I tried sanding them out, but in the end gave them a fresh coat of white paint. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the results. I also picked up a set of Douglas wheels off of craigslist for the front. Now I just need to get a matching pair for the rear. Does anyone have a pair of front fenders? They don't have to be perfect.

image.jpeg