2000 Blaster Frame Up Build

Looking good man,ya ive found disaster after disaster on mine tearing it down lol,makes ya wonder how some people would build their car they way they build their quads hahah

Looking good man,ya ive found disaster after disaster on mine tearing it down lol,makes ya wonder how some people would build their car the way they build their quads hahah

Hows the quality of that Motion Pro TORS Eliminator? I got one in my shopping cart but was debating on buying it or not

Hows the quality of that Motion Pro TORS Eliminator? I got one in my shopping cart but was debating on buying it or not

Thing is cherry. It's a great setup. Make sure you get the kit that includes the idle screw. The hardest part of the install was using a file to flatten the nipple where the screw goes. Just take it slow and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Meyers
Today was a great day. I got the new flywheel this morning but had to go to work. As soon as I got off at 5pm I came home and ran to the garage to install the flywheel. After install, I rechecked all of my torque specs and put in fresh gas. Kicked her 3 times and no start... sh*t... What's wrong???? So I look down and I forgot to turn on the kill switch. Kicked her again and vroom vroom the bike starts for the first time in many years. Now on to making her pretty.

Great job. It's always nice to hear it run after a rebuild. Even if just for knowing that you didn't mess up and have to take it back apart to see what's wrong.

Great job. It's always nice to hear it run after a rebuild. Even if just for knowing that you didn't mess up and have to take it back apart to see what's wrong.

It does have a good bit of white smoke. I'm not sure if it's the fuel mix I used (my dads 32:1 chainsaw mix), carb settings (Vito's 310 main jet and needle), just running cold and needs to warm up, or the clutch side crank seal leaking. I'm going to look it over more this week.

Took it out and rode some today to test everything out. I figured out the smoking issue. She was running really rich because the filter was really dirty and the lid was still on. So I removed the lid and cleaned the filter. I left the lid off and it's running like any other two stroke. I did get a scare when I came to a stop though and after a few minutes it just shut off. I tried restarting it, but she wouldn't fire. I checked for spark and...nope, no spark. Turns out the coil ground came loose and I lost the bolt somewhere. Anyway, I grabbed another bolt and she fired right up. Now to fix my no brakes issue.

Last edited:
They'll work much better than the cabled brakes.

Could you do me a big favor? Can you measure the length of one of the brakes lines? From caliper to master cylinder.

They'll work much better than the cabled brakes.

Could you do me a big favor? Can you measure the length of one of the brakes lines? From caliper to master cylinder.

The master cylinder has a soft line going into a hard line. The hard line goes into a T fitting and then 2 soft lines go to each caliper. I'm not sure how I would measure from caliper to master when there are that many junctions. If you want, I'll measure and combine the lengths to give you a total.

I'm missing 4 bolts. Each caliper is held on by 2 bolts. Does anyone know what size/thread the bolts are? I was going to go to Lowes tomorrow and pickup the bolts, but I was hoping someone could tell me the size. Otherwise, I'll just carry the caliper/disc assembly into Lowes with me and find one that fits.

Pics as promised. They are a little dirty, but will clean up easy enough.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: 82cutty
Anytime...you might need a washer in between the mount and caliper to get the proper spacing between the brake pads . I know mine does
IMG_20160319_232940_713_zpsakebrrry.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tmorr325