yz250 vs cr250

blasterdude14

Apr 28, 2009
ohio
which is better just cant decide. i plan on gettin one of these next year so im trying to figure out which one i want but cant decide. give me your honest opinon as to which one is better. the model year doesnt matter i will be lookin at whichever year is avaible. i know that the cr has better handling but the yz has the better motor. any help is appreciated

Dave you better ride a 125 or 85 a lot to get used to a dirt bike,cause a 250 is pretty big to start out on.

Just letting you know...

Dave you better ride a 125 or 85 a lot to get used to a dirt bike,cause a 250 is pretty big to start out on.

Just letting you know...

ya i know but im crazy like that
and im gonna rebuild my cousins old kawasaki 80 when i have the chance

ya i know but im crazy like that
and im gonna rebuild my cousins old kawasaki 80 when i have the chance

Well you better learn the clutch and powerband really well on the blaster,i seen someone get on a yz250 first time rider,dropped the clutch and ate it hard.

Is it a kx80?

If its a 1986 kx80 i got a frame,forks,front wheel and some other sh*t for one.

I say build it and learn to ride that for a year or so,cause a dirtbike will lay you right on your ass. Happened to me on a cr125.

ill probly get the the 250 at the same time i rebuild the 80 and spend the summer ridin the 80 then ride the 250 and see if im ready or not if im not then ill keep ridin the 80 for a while

they dont even make a cr250 anymore and next year yamaha wont in the u.s. either you seem very unsure of your abilities you better get a 4 stroke

this was mine before it got stolen it was a beast
eofhc.jpg

they dont even make a cr250 anymore and next year yamaha wont in the u.s. either you seem very unsure of your abilities you better get a 4 stroke

im not gonna go with a four stroke because 2 strokes are less complicated and i know that they dont make the cr250 anymore and they plan on stopping production of the yz but im not lookin for a brand new model i cant afford one. and i prefer the power of a 2 stroke