Opinion on reeds/exhaust other mods

TRider06

Sep 12, 2019
Hey everyone, I’ve been looking at different reed systems and I can’t decide which is best. Im thinking of getting the V Force 4 or the Vito’s billet cage-Carbon reeds system. Has anyone used either one? What’s better? Also I want to get a FMF exhaust system, I know it’s not the best but I need a spark arrested silencer. I am also going to remove the air box lid and delete the TORS system. Will these changes make a noticeable difference? Like 1 or 1.5 hp increase? I know I’ll have to rejet my carb/ plug chop. I’ve already done that once when I deleted my oil injection. But any idea on jet size with all this 300-320 maybe.

Go with the V-force reeds + the FMF and lid off will get a you noticible gains over the stock pipe/reeds.
I usually suggest 270 thru 310 mains for an FMF setup, sea level elevation may require richer, higher elevations leaner.
you'll be in the ballpark with 300-320 mains

Go with the V-force reeds + the FMF and lid off will get a you noticible gains over the stock pipe/reeds.
I usually suggest 270 thru 310 mains for an FMF setup, sea level elevation may require richer, higher elevations leaner.
you'll be in the ballpark with 300-320 mains
Alright thanks for the advise

Reactions: Awk08
Get a good air filter while you’re at it. Uni or any dual foam.
Also have to adjust for temperatures.
I have the Vito’s reeds, but the cage. They work good.
You’ll see a nice increase, 5+ hp

Will I be loosing low end power with the changes I've mentioned? I just want to increase the power over all and not sacrifice the torque of how it is now. Or will I get more torque with these changes also? This is my first 2 stroke so I don't really know how changing the intake and exhaust effects the torque on a 2 stroke vs the horse power of a 2 stroke. I've only done performance changes on 4 strokes in the past.

You’ll lose a little at the very bottom, but have far more through the mid-range.
Think of the expansion chamber like a cam in a 4choke as far as power characteristics. Other things such as port timing and carb size affects it too.

Something you may want to look into is a modified head, not milled but rechambered.