yz250 carb on blaster engine.. better or no

cwbinkc

Oct 22, 2014
Kansas city, Missouri... not Kansas
I am not sure what has been done internally. I do know it has a fmf pipe and i am pretty sure its not a stock bore. There are adapters to mount the reed cage and boot for the carb. Do i gain any power if so top or bottom end and if so do i lose any, anywhere? If i remember correctly it has a 280 main yet. Thanks in advanced new forum member, chris

welcome to the forum:)
got any pics of intake/carb setup?
i think pretty much everyone will agree that the stock carb will work the best.
unless you got a heavily ported cylinder and head mod.
if you do fit it,it will be a challenge to jet it properly,and probably be terrible on the low end.
there is probably another thread on this somewhere,try to look and i will see if i can find it to:)
other members will post/probably some who have actually tried it,i have not.
sounds like a reed spacer,on your quad you are refering to.

i bought it with a broken throttle cable and put my stock setup and it ran like dog. than i put the bigget jet in it and it ran fine. ill get pics when i get it back from my buddy which is making me a custom cable 4 $20. he works for kawaski. and yes it is a name brand spacer will you be able to tell by a picture if any portting has been done? i also could not find a forum on it. which led me to finnally make a account :)

people on here can tell you anything lol
read up and people will post advice.
without all of the mods know i cant tell you what size main jet unless you plug chop:
what year is your blaster?
yz250 probably a flat side carb as well.
if it is not running right,i would wait on the yz carb,till we all investigate further lol
leak test
compression test
carb tuned,floats main.ect

stock head
head stock.jpg

modded head

head.jpg

Last edited:
thats not good lol
person before you put a 280 main in cuz they put the fmf pipe on there,at least they tried:)
there is tons of peeps on here that will help you with parts and advice.....they must be sleeping:D

Reactions: cwbinkc
good idea
if the top cap is stripped then it is going to be a jetting nighmare,as it will be an airleak.
is the oil injection on there or is it premixed?
have you looked in the carb section on here at all?

Measure the outlet side of carb and report back. This way we actually know what size carb it is. as far as a 38mm carb on a Blaster you will lose power going to such a large carb. Stick with a stock 26mm carb for a stock-slightly moded blaster. Once you get into porting, head mods bigger intake etc then you may want to consider something larger but a 38mm is a big carb for a blaster, 38 mm is more in the lines of a 240+ drag bike..

friday it is:)
if the top of carb came loose,then it reved up cuz the needle was lifting soo basically pinning itself:)
make sure you got the locking tap on carb to if you keep it or get a diff stock carb.
not sure if you are getting an aftermarket cap to remove the tors brick or not.
but the stock tors brick carbs come loose every know and again from vibration and huge cap,some have blown motors cuz of it.
if person before you ran it with a stock main fitted with fmf pipe,loose top carb,chances are the top end is not in the greatest shape?you can take pipe off and peak up exhaust port to see if is scored or ruffed up ,unless you want to take the whole thing apart:)
there is only 2 jets and the needle clip postion
air screw setting/idle setting:)