YZ 400 in a blaster

the custom exhaust is always the biggest hurdle on these types of builds

that is sweet good to hear she is alive again ! a 400 main? what carb are u running again?

on a side note did ur friend get his running?

Update is its gone :(

I sold it cause I thought that the bottom end went out on it. Long story short is the guy took it home tore the top end off, retightened it and no more noise. The effing jug bolts were loose :(((

Ohhh, man! :eek: Sorry to hear that. Sad end to a great project. Must tear ya up to read through this thread. Hope you find a new project for your creative abilities.

seriously? You've put how much time and money into this bike, and you sell it on an assumption. You should have went throught it before you assumed it was something totally different. I don't feel sorry for you at all, but I do hope you pick up another blasty.

i got he same set up but i need a full harness its a 1985 yz 490 in a blaster works shocks in the front stock in the rear plus 4 swing arm and 2 inch spacers yellow powder coated frame its a pretty sexy quad just needs some tlc

i got he same set up but i need a full harness its a 1985 yz 490 in a blaster works shocks in the front stock in the rear plus 4 swing arm and 2 inch spacers yellow powder coated frame its a pretty sexy quad just needs some tlc

Welcome! Start a thread & post sum pix! Lotsa peeps ask about the 490 swap. Like to see it.

like otis said make a thread with some details and pics! i'm interested to see your quad. i'm also beginning a 490 swap(have most of the parts) and will make a build thread when i get to start working on it

im doin it! i got a 79 yz 400 on the way. this should be fairly easy since we are just downsizing from building giant mud trucks. (gas is expensive now)