YZ 400 in a blaster

Hmmm you got me thinking, I'm not 100% sure if the bearings will stay in if there wasn't something there to stop them.
Worst case scenario you might have to cut a section of pipe to fit inbetween them as a 'retainer'.
Maybe someone will chime in with and opinion on this.
Yeah my old kx80 had a xr75 engine in it ( bought it like that... it was cheap ) the engine was mounted in front of the pivot ( I'm having a brain fart... can't think of what the actual term is )
It worked great.. actually really great.
It did have a section of pipe to fit inbetween the pivot.

I have also saw a kx250 mojave with the engine mounted ahead.
Let me look through my pics.

Well I can't find any decent pics of either...
But if it helps any look at the way these engines are mounted.

Again I'm sorry I though I had some better ones...

1WxfX9-317bd46c4bebf5d9630b2d7cfe55.jpg

IMG00209.jpg

thanks guys, im prolly goin to stick a spacer with some washers inbetween the bearings.
I picked up a piece of plate metal to start making some brackets sometime soon. between work and getting ready for school this will be a slow build guys. thanks for the support though fellas

Wow didnt realize how long its been for an update lol. Well I took the clutch cover off and found this. It looked to be in really good condition.

jslv7m.jpg

Then I finally got around to working on the motor mounts a little bit.

2mq9lc5.jpg

3127ju1.jpg

mkwwpi.jpg

jzwht1.jpg

And then the machine shop finally got back to me and returned this to me.

14c5ifp.jpg

1zdalgz.jpg

1qljbs.jpg

24zf6sm.jpg

Oh can someone please help me with my piston install? I dont know which way the arrow on the piston is supposed to be facing inside the jug.

it was a small flux core mig welder. i know im not the best at welding. just started learning a few weeks ago. thanks for letting me know about the arrow on the piston.

your sayin the white powder is from the flux core?
yeah i need to practice a little cause im goin to be goin to a tech school for a 48 week welding class in july. Thanks yb and 92

dude if you can lay a decent bead with that flux core you'll be really happy when you use a real mig with shielding gas. looking good so far tho man

yeah man im tryin my hardest to get some good beads goin with the fluxcore. i picked that little welder up for 50 bucks so I cant complain. I think everything will turn out good though in the end. Im goin to start on the gussets and the front mounts tomorrow and see how that goes.

yeah its definitely harder to lay down a good looking bead, but its doable. i need to get the real mig my dad has up and running so i can get working on suspension pieces

Got the motor placed up in the bike to see how it looks.

2zfsyn9.jpg

Heres how the back motor mount is goin to look. I decided to go with a piece of 1/4 in plate steel instead of the pipe to mount the gussets to for increased support.

3307j7t.jpg

And I finally got the exhaust pipe in the mail. And now i will have absolutely no clue as to how I will get this to fit in the bike.

sotgna.jpg

im thinking about chopping the whole front area where it starts turning and getting an exhaust shop to bend something up for me.

paulie has been helping me every step of the way so far. I hoping to have it runing by this weekend if I can work that pipe in there.