YZ 250 vs. YZF 450?

92blaster

Jan 18, 2009
Red Wing, MN
like the title says.. which one would win in a heads up drag race the YZ 250 or the YZF 450? and which one would win on a mx track? its been a battle between friends in my town..

depends on race leangth...i watched my uncles bone stock 250 wipe the floor with his buddies trx450...the 450 only had an air filter/slip on pipe,and widend...so i gotta say the two hundred fifty cc bike

ok vi love my 2 strokes but the yz 250 and the yzf450 race in the same class in mn they are said to have the same power out put soo on track the 450 more low but drag the 250 would prolly win more topend

both great bikes,both different bikes. The yz250 will never ever in its lifetime have the massive torque the 450f has, i say on a drag they are almsot the same,on a mx track depends on rider.

2 strokes are great and I love yz250's, but in a drag race the 450 has it beat, and on the track hands down same skill level rider the, 450...

The 250 is much lighter, but the 450 is a Torque monster... Ever watched the races at Washougal, WA? Watch the difference in the bikes when they conquer the infamous Horsepower Hill..

I'll always keep a 2 stroke, but 4 strokes have more usable power I feel.

both great bikes,both different bikes. The yz250 will never ever in its lifetime have the massive torque the 450f has, i say on a drag they are almsot the same,on a mx track depends on rider.

you sooo stupid....on a drag a 450 will win

i know he is talking about the 4fity 4 poke....a 4 stroke with 200cc more then a 250 2 stroke will obviously win

i know he is talking about the 4fity 4 poke....a 4 stroke with 200cc more then a 250 2 stroke will obviously win

cc dont always mean they are gonna win iv seen 250s own the 450s up the hills only reason i asked this question because the only people i know that have these to bikes are hill climbers i know whats gonna happen on the hill climb just wanted to see what you guys thought about a drag and mx.. and i kinda agree with derral i bet its a close race but i also agree with him about the tool haha

cc dont always mean they are gonna win iv seen 250s own the 450s up the hills only reason i asked this question because the only people i know that have these to bikes are hill climbers i know whats gonna happen on the hill climb just wanted to see what you guys thought about a drag and mx.. and i kinda agree with derral i bet its a close race but i also agree with him about the tool haha

well if there stock 8-|

they are he just bought them couple months ago he wanted to see his times stock and then he is gonna mod the hell out of them to see how fast they can go he just piped the 250 and put a air cleaner on the 450 last week