ytm200 tri moto trans issues

harley1-5

Jul 28, 2013
Elko County Nevada
does any 1 have any semiauto trans experience?was riding my tri moto today,and it started making a noise in gear its fine in neutral.But when you put it in gear it makes a loud noise,and it will move but it lurches and makes the noise on and off

Cann you explain the noise? Grinding, humming, fluttering, constant,.intermitent, ? Do those have reverse? if so is there noise in reverse also? Is it noise from trans or rear end? thers shaft drive right? check to make sure gears are good and bearings arent worn and sloppy..

If my memory serves me correctly those units have a centrifugal clutch [ I could be wrong], if a friction plate wears out or sheds itself from the inner it will be noisy.

I would pull your clutch cover and see what has worn out and figure out a list of parts you may need. if they are still available. I would say your auto clutch maybe going out or a bearing.

the one and only auto clutch engine i've been into was a kawi 300 lakota.
it actually had 2 clutches, a centrifugal clutch which had like 3 brake shoes in it, for starting out. it transfers engine power to a standard friction plate set-up, which is actuated when the shift lever is pressed, for changing gears.

sounds like you're having a centrifugal clutch problem, time to tear into it

edit: yep, the lakota was set-up very similar to the tri-moto, 2 seperate clutches.....
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmo...ri-moto-200-ytm200k-clutch/o/m147059sch219666

Last edited:
the one and only auto clutch engine i've been into was a kawi 300 lakota.
it actually had 2 clutches, a centrifigul clutch which had like 3 brake shoes in it, for starting out. it transfers engine power to a standard friction plate set-up, which is actuated when the shift lever is pressed, for changing gears.

sounds like you're having a centrifgul clutch problem, time to tear into it