Cases put back together. Not shifting.

chuey_316

Feb 9, 2010
I bought a used bottom end because the one that came with my Blaster was in bad shape. I had to spit the case to swap cranks. Got the bottom end back together today minus the clutch basket, and mounted it in the frame. The shift star acts like it's binding up, but eventually locks in place when turning the input/output shafts.

I installed the front sprocket and chain, and shifted it into gear so I could keep the gears from spinning while I torqued a couple nuts, but it still rolls freely. Nothing on the trans side was removed while working on it, but the pin the holds the arm that rides the slots in the drum did come out, and I put it back the only way it would go.

I'm thinking I may have to split the cases again, but wanted to see if anyone has any other ideas first.

I got it. Not sure exactly what it was, but after working it back and forth through the gears it started shifting easier. Haven't started it yet to see how it does when riding. Waiting on new crank seals before I can break in the new top end.