your kill?

True....and...it does have a small 3/4 inch sticker on the right side antler....

I see. I didn't know that you got deducted for non-symmetric points on a typical... They have had a new law in MN for the last two years that bucks must have 4 points on one side to be legal to shoot, so hopefully there are some more big ones around next year.

I see. I didn't know that you got deducted for non-symmetric points on a typical... They have had a new law in MN for the last two years that bucks must have 4 points on one side to be legal to shoot, so hopefully there are some more big ones around next year.

this does not work, our state implemented that law a few years back, most counties are at least 3 points on one side, guess what the majority of bucks i saw this year, fuggin 4 points total, some 3 point total, and spikes, i passed up 5 and 10 yard shots all season, sometimes 3 & 4 a day during archery season
some of these deer were completely white faced old ass deer, which are on the downward spiral of life, and will never be more than what they are...4 points and under, and thats whats breeding most of the does, as there are less and less of big bucks, cause everyone has to wait for the big ones, so they are all shot up, leaving those big horned genetics out of the equation

ANTLER RESTRICTIONS DO NOT WORK. PERIOD

i've been archery hunting for 35 years, and have never seen so few nice bucks, and far too many small, non qualified deer
things will be different next year, as i will do my share to cull these inferior
breeders !!!!!!!

this does not work, our state implemented that law a few years back, most counties are at least 3 points on one side, guess what the majority of bucks i saw this year, fuggin 4 points total, some 3 point total, and spikes, i passed up 5 and 10 yard shots all season, sometimes 3 & 4 a day during archery season
some of these deer were completely white faced old ass deer, which are on the downward spiral of life, and will never be more than what they are...4 points and under, and thats whats breeding most of the does, as there are less and less of big bucks, cause everyone has to wait for the big ones, so they are all shot up, leaving those big horned genetics out of the equation

ANTLER RESTRICTIONS DO NOT WORK. PERIOD

i've been archery hunting for 35 years, and have never seen so few nice bucks, and far too many small, non qualified deer
things will be different next year, as i will do my share to cull these inferior
breeders !!!!!!!

When you say 3 and 4 pointers, do you mean 3x3's and 4x4's (6 and 8 pointers)? Its funny, in MN around where I live a 1.5 year old is usually a small 6 pointer, and by our cabin in WI they are only spikes, or forks at the same age. I think it has a lot to do with the nutrition they get (lots of corn and soy bean fields in MN, vs not many in northern WI). Bad genetics don't help either.

When you say 3 and 4 pointers, do you mean 3x3's and 4x4's (6 and 8 pointers)? Its funny, in MN around where I live a 1.5 year old is usually a small 6 pointer, and by our cabin in WI they are only spikes, or forks at the same age. I think it has a lot to do with the nutrition they get (lots of corn and soy bean fields in MN, vs not many in northern WI). Bad genetics don't help either.

i mean 3/4 points total, fork horns ect. and it's definately not for lack of food, i hunt surrounded by corn feilds, soybeans and the acorns were so plentiful this year (and last few) i actually rolled downhill on them they were so deep

this is a direct effect of guys having to wait for 3x3/4x4 bucks, instead of their usual.... kill the first spike/forkhorn on the first day, they are left to live, and thats the genetics that are being bred into our herd
whatever state bioligist is behind this circus is a complete retard !!!!!!

In MN I believe this is a three year trial period, so hopefully next year is the last.

shot this in the kitchen 10 minutes ago, posted it on facebook 1st, wife spotted it with her perscription spotting scope at about 4 yards, so I quickly grabbed my model 1911 colt wally world airsoft and started digging thru the cupboard, jumped out started scurrying to my right I took a half step back and squeezed off a lucky shot. then popped a couple double taps to be sure he wasn't gonna turn into a zombie or something... $11 walmart airsoft 1 - home invaders 0

it was a very quick incident only had a split second n the one shot I could get off in the time actually hit its mark. I practice on gekko's all the time at 20' give or take but I can usually aim, and take my time and even then if I miss they're too dumb to run LOL so I can eventually pick um off anyway. I also shot at a bird with my new 1200fps pellet gun that is louder than my god damm 22, I thought the neighbors may call the cops lol. next time I'll just use the .22 since it's sighted in and shoot like some subsonics instead of the hypervelocity or whatever I normally shoot is called (I mostly let the wife and kid shoot the .22) anyway, pic of my high point for today/night LOL

384699_2468334660617_1019837960_32674481_453038507_n.jpg

oh yeah, I got my hunting license but haven't gotten to go lately as I've been busy wrenching bikes on the weekends n holidays (only days off) but plan on looking for a bighorn sheep next chance I get (we don't have deer so it's the best meet and rack besides wild boar)

finally went out to get a ram yesterday, place I hunt is daily and no bag limit on sheep and goats, hogs I READ there is a 1 per hunter per season deal but must be new because everyone and their momma still thinks it's the no limit no tag same as goat/sheep but eh, I just won't shoot one til I talk to one of the officers. anyway, here's my ram, not big but I've been hiking up there with my gun PLENTY of times and only in the archery only area have I seen anything til yesterday. saw a herd that did a run by as I was b lining back to my truck tromping because it was getting late and I was calling it, then shortly after in the distance, I saw what looked like sheep under a tree, I walk with my bipod open and it so happened there was a downed tree about 40" high so I set my gun down for a better look thru the glass and sure enough about 150/200 yards out were a pair stareing at me so I adjusted my bipod so my gun was more level and took a chest shot with my 6.8SPCII ar15, dropped without a step, in thru the neck popped his heart like a water ballon and exited out by his azz *it's a very heafty round the new berger 140gr is supposed to be good to 900 yards B) not that I can shoot that far thru my nikon prostaff 3-9x LOL but least my bipod works.

55d3f1e0.jpg

it's a hybrid mouflan/feral sheep. mouflan are similar to bighorn but island-ized so they're smaller but look the same, due to crappy hunting regs they're almost gone and the places they are around they're are big ones in the non hunting area's so IMO they should do some collecting from non hunting area's, let them repopulate and close the area til there are enough of them to be hunted again. or bring in bighorn from somewhere and let them loose so we get the big ones again lol. anyway, that's just more retarded sh!t the scientologists or whatever the hell they're called that plan the eco stuff out screw up :( they were all brought here for hunting, nothing here was really native far as legal game animals...

last duck season i killed 2 hooded megousers iv got pics on my phone but cant upload them by the way iv got a beretta 390 12 gauge and a remington 350 over and under

@ HawaiianBassHed
nice kill bro !!!!!!
whats your plans for cutting/eating it, or whole over a fire pit ????

not sure, I already skinned and gutted it, it's currently in a cooler with 100lbs of ice, gonna let it soak for a couple of days.

I know I'm gonna butcher it and probably boil the ribs for 2 hours then grill them or maybe wrap them in foil and let them steam in their own juices with some dry rub and salt. I need to throw salt in the cooler when it melts so it takes out some of the gaminess and softens the meat, that will be 2 days of prep, ice cold salty water, drain it when the blood is plentiful and repeat.

then yeah, marinades and whatever I can come up with to soften and flavor them.

negative on the rotisserie that's for some chewy stuff there lol. if I wanted to waste it I'd feed the entire thing to my dogs lol. we feed them raw so if it's WAY too chewy I'll feed it to them and go out and shoot a young gurl to eat. I mostly wanted his rack and food is a side, if not, I'm tired of buying meat for our dogs to consume anyway. last time I road killed one I cleaned it *good practice for cleaning* and fed the whole thing to my dogs, my bullmastiff pup makes pretty short work of meat, she already overate today and did about 6lbs of meat, between cow lungs and the sheep leg I gave her. here's the roadkill one, it took her an hour almost but she ate it all, bone, fur, meat, hoof. nothing was left...

20e668ac.jpg

it was clean before she rolled it all over the ground lol

b694f51b.mp4 video by hawaiianbasshead - Photobucket

but yeah, basically, ribs will be just salt and peppered, steamed or boiled and then grilled for a little extra crisp on the outside.. loins and backstraps will probably be marinaded in some aloha shoyu and brown sugar with ginger and maybe some green onions *teriyaki sauce* not sure on the rest, if it's chewy the dogs can have the shoulders, all depends how the 1st of it goes...

oh and some mint jelly on the side for the ribs lol, rack of lamb style kinda :D

i switch between three guns

30 ot 6
and a 30-30

for rifle season anywhose.and the past year was sh!t for deer.id honestly claim it as a waste to buy a tag last year. this year, not 100% on whether or not im going out. to many coyotes killing them things.

then again, dad just bought a 300. winchester.

my first deer ever 2 years ago
50cal remi muzzle loader
ummm nvm dont have a pic of that.... but it was a nice 3 pointer, big body small rack

my deer last year
20kxgci.jpg

20g remi shot gun slugs

cool i dont have the patience to sit in a deer stand fore hours id rather be in a duck blind or wading out in the water watin for them ducks to fly by

month and a half before bow season starts here!!! then i have to wait till the middle of Nov for gun season. i gave up carrying a long heavy shot gun through the woods. switched over to using a pistol. i started with a Colt Anaconda .44 mag. a couple years ago i bought a .500 S&W put an Eotech scope on it. last year i shot an 8 point 221 yards out. cant wait to get into the woods this year!!