your kill?

May 12, 2010
wv
so its hunting season in most places and i just want to see what some of you guys have killed and what rifle you used... i will post up pics of my new 270 and i havent got a deer yet so far damn rain...

Possum, weapon of choice: 98 honda civic

bwahahaha, i don't hunt, doesn't interest me one bit, but i couldn't resist.

I hunt, but not with rifle. I use bow as much as I legally can. I have permits to hunt during shotgun season, and I use my bow most of the time. I also have my shotgun hunting license, I use a Remington 870 Express, 20 Gauge. Use 3" Lightfield slugs for deer. But thats way to easy to hunt with. I'll only use that for Youth Shotgun Deer Day or right around when hunting season ends. I actually just shot a deer on Sunday with my bow. It was an 8 pointer. Came across him while walking back to my dads truck after a morning hunt. Saw him laying there, probably 15 yards away. I knew something was wrong, so I walked closer. He stands up, hes missing an eyeball, missing an antler, and his rear left leg was basically blown off. He was suffering and I could tell, so I sent a Rage Broadhead right through his heart. Luckily he just dropped right there, died almost instantly, which was a good feeling. I'm not saying that I wont kill a deer because I feel bad for it, but I'm not going to let one suffer. Thats why I practice my shots with my bow at least once a day so my shots are accurate and spot on. I dont want to shoot a dear in the wrong spot and make it suffer. A clean blow through the vitals is always a good feeling.

Moral of it all, I would use my bow over any rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader ANY DAY!

I'm going to western ohio near monpielier to hunt with my mossberg 20 gauge. I like to use hornaday sst slugs cause they haull ass and make a nice sized hole from what I'm told. My dad's gonna use his brand new mossberg .410 with rifled slugs. I'm hopeing I at least see something cause this next tuesday will be my first time ever. I got my stuff together and I hopeing my natural ability and patience will pay off. Whoo Hoo

2 with a Browning A-Bolt II, 270 WSM. 1 with a Browning A-Bolt II medallion, 300 WSM.
Also didn't want to cause suffering, one through the heart and lungs, and one in the head. Neither took a step.
zt7j9f.jpg

/\/\/\/\ mmmmmmmm, steaks !!!!!!!!

tomorrow is opening day of rifle season here.
takin the new 50 cal. magnum in-line muzzle loader out
shoots a 295 grain hollow point slab of lead and copper, with 3 powder pellets pushin it

Last edited:
Unfortunately not gonna be in the woods this year, But now that I have a bow next year will be awesome good luck guys! Just didn't have the urge to hunt this year.

There are a few humans I'd like to hunt but that's a whole other story!

shot this in the kitchen 10 minutes ago, posted it on facebook 1st, wife spotted it with her perscription spotting scope at about 4 yards, so I quickly grabbed my model 1911 colt wally world airsoft and started digging thru the cupboard, jumped out started scurrying to my right I took a half step back and squeezed off a lucky shot. then popped a couple double taps to be sure he wasn't gonna turn into a zombie or something... $11 walmart airsoft 1 - home invaders 0

it was a very quick incident only had a split second n the one shot I could get off in the time actually hit its mark. I practice on gekko's all the time at 20' give or take but I can usually aim, and take my time and even then if I miss they're too dumb to run LOL so I can eventually pick um off anyway. I also shot at a bird with my new 1200fps pellet gun that is louder than my god damm 22, I thought the neighbors may call the cops lol. next time I'll just use the .22 since it's sighted in and shoot like some subsonics instead of the hypervelocity or whatever I normally shoot is called (I mostly let the wife and kid shoot the .22) anyway, pic of my high point for today/night LOL

384699_2468334660617_1019837960_32674481_453038507_n.jpg

oh yeah, I got my hunting license but haven't gotten to go lately as I've been busy wrenching bikes on the weekends n holidays (only days off) but plan on looking for a bighorn sheep next chance I get (we don't have deer so it's the best meet and rack besides wild boar)

good shootin bro !
i never imagined an airsoft was capable of that, never played with one

no deer yet this season...

but I have got about 10 squirrels with my Sig Sauer 522.
that gun is amazing. I have never seen a .22 that is as reliable or accurate as my Sig.

i got a 6 point with a 18 inch spread on the first day around 9 o'clock with my savage 30-06. heart shot went down almost instantly.

ea75541c.jpg

nice kills guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not my hog, its my little/big brothers, damn am i proud of him....11 pt w/17 in spread inside...score 128 1/2 b&c none typical..
IMAG0844.jpg

IMAG0843.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

Nice bucks!

not my hog, its my little/big brothers, damn am i proud of him....11 pt w/17 in spread inside...score 128 1/2 b&c none typical..

Why is it scored as a non-typical? I don't see any kickers, drop tines, or anything non-typical?

Nice bucks!

Why is it scored as a non-typical? I don't see any kickers, drop tines, or anything non-typical?

prolly cause if it was scored typical, that one odd number point on one side would subtract from the grand total ????