you guys suprise me...

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
with all your parts switching etc.. (not that it's a bad thing at all) but noone has discovered this. in 1998 we put a complete 87 250r rear end on a blaster (with a linkage eliminator kit) axle brakes the whole 9 yards. If I remember right the only thing we changed to make it fit was making the inside diameter of the swingarm bushings bigger.

I really don't remember...but realize that when we did this, there was nothing available for a blaster, it just came out. no shocks, axles, a-arms, no nothing. we had a pipe hand made. thats why my red bike has an alum tank, there were no desert tanks. I remember being at Pep one day talking to Wayne, and I asked him if he was ever going to do blaster shocks...he told me "why?? blasters are your girlfriends bike..nobodies gonna spend money on them"

any fabricating involed in doing this or is it just bolt up and go.im thinking about trying this if the swinger is longer and the axle is wider sound like a good upgrade to me

Never new or dare spend any money to try and get the 250r rear to fit.Good to know.If I come across a cheap deal on one I would try one.Would be nice to know how much longer tha axle and swinger is.

^^I just had to click that link lol! I should have known. I get people calling my house with an automated one all the time.