Herpes came back

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
So most of you know i moved into to town and sold the blaster a while back.

Well im back!!

First pics.

Picked it up saturday back in MN. about 600 miles from home, but we were only 75 from it when giz moved into his apartment for college. I had seen it posted over a month ago and was very amazed he still had it!

So obviously you can already see some things that need to be done...
Needs:
leak test
air box
Swinger bushings/bearings
possibly carrier bearings
skid plate
fresh gas
leak test
chain and sprockets, they look okay, but havent been lubed for a year, and i will need to cut it off
clutch inspected/fixed (he said springs were bad? lol. i bet just file the basket)
front brakes bled, need a screw for the res cover (if anyone has one and would part with it lmk. thanks)
im unsure about the swingarm, its not extended but reinforced because the shock mount was moved

Things done:
LRD pipe
Elkas not sure stage, 2 or 3, all around
keihien carb, gonna measure it soon
3/8" reed spacer between reeds and cylinder (need gasket, its green paper :eek:)
VF3 reeds (i wish 4 :()
billet red carb intake boot thing
maier front plastics with CF 450 hood or something and gas cover
laeger +3 +1 a-arms
nerf bars that look like the DG ones used to that had heel guards
tires are studded, but i plan to take them out. 18s in rear, going to order Tech4 20" (need 9" rims lmk)
more im missing right now im sure

story is that the guy bought it, rode once and hit a tree breaking a tie rod. fixed and rode once more. never to be touched again. he didnt know much about it. full tank of gas that was transparent red, hardly smelt like gas it was so old. my dad said to burn it, but then decided to changed his mind when 2 gallons came out. its now going into his ranger.

i wrote a list of things to do at work today and plan to do them when i have time. unfortunately school starts wednesday and im quiting my job friday because they need day help, not 1 hour at closing help :(

The registration says 01. all brakes are hydraluic though. the rear mounts do NOT look welded on but more like factory. thick powder coat though so i could be wrong. Front brakes are not stock. my brother told be the rotors/caliper are probably from a warrier. they look smaller than my other one did. they barely worked, hardly resistance when pulled at the guys house. i filled with fluid and pumped a few times to get bubbles out, with one screw on the cover you can feel it pull harder than before, so maybe just a little more bleeding and BAM they should work

I drained the oil and it looked like there was some water, as it was greyish like my moms car looked when it had water. old oil too.

if yall didnt know, my brothers finally quit after so much beating. the top end should be back from Ken by tomorrow. and my dad wants to ride together at glendive and some other spots, so i plan to keep this longer even though im in town.

will upload and update as it goes.

current progress: im using jacks on the front to hold it up a little and my moms stock car rims in the rear lol

nice grab herp, lots of goodies !
is that an LRD adjustable pipe ? i see the straight thru pipe to silencer connection

So i took off the clutch cover, i was right, needed to be filed.
probably 1.5mm grooves.
plus a broken finger
so- ordering a new one!

compression test 150psi, 67.75mm bore (just measured with caliper so may be off a little) no damage to the cylinder wall, so thats good
i went to menards to get the part that i needed to make the leak tester fit. after half hour of looking for parts, i finally found them (no thanks to the b*tch in plumbing)
i did NOT get around to putting it together and leak testing before i pulled the head off. (sorry blaaster :()
but it will be leak tested before starting and after heat cycles for new gasket

Carb measured 32mm and its a flat slide mikuni. before i had assumed keihien because its not round

lucas oil was on sale so i bought a couple and i plan to run once for the heat cycles then change it out. just to clean out the old sh*t.
glad i already have a cometic clutch gasket, this one was torn and has some RTV on it

things im ordering right now.
clutch basket
reed gaskets (even if no leak, im changing them. no paper allowed)
exhaust gasket (might as well)
the bent washer that goes in the clutch basket
pipe to silencer seal from blasterfun
screw for brake res

things to order once its ready to run.
tires/rims
skidplate
swingarm bearing/bushings OR extended swing arm from swingarmshop
carrier bearings

ordered the clutch basket and some other stuff, about $200 needed stuff.

its going to be hard to pull the trigger on new tires, cfm, skid plate and possibly a swinger for like $600 more...

im going to look into finding some steel to make my own chain and brake guards.

we dont have a welder yet, but my dads boss will let me use his.
need to get the 220v plugin installed in the garage, then buy a welder

i did NOT get around to putting it together and leak testing before i pulled the head off. (sorry blaaster :()
but it will be leak tested before starting and after heat cycles for new gasket

No need to apologise Brother, at least you admit that you erred, and it looks like that I am doing my job by keeping you honest.:D:D:D

I had LRD on my other blaster and didnt care for it, stock motor though.

so im keeping this one.

todays update to come, hard to eat pizza with one hand and type with other

so not much is getting done until next week (hopefully i get my basket before monday, got the day free) plus it was pushed into the corner of the garage because a garage sale is planned for the weekend

so i decided to do some other stuff!

the phillips head screws looked cheesy to me. hello black allen heads

also because the CF hood on my plastics was made to direct air towards the engine, im making it do its job.
little clean up so air moved more freely. before/after of what i removed, but both pictures already show everything else moved

now back to the hood idea. i forgot to take pictures, so they will come tomorrow

im cutting the maiar plastics and bending it up under the hood to pull the air going into the hood down and over the engine

if that didnt make ANY sense to you, no fear, pictures tomorrow

Last edited:
Nice to see you back herp! . Not that you realy went anywhere. Nice score btw..