Yamaha blaster problem

Connorfab

Apr 14, 2012
So I was driving today. All day and all of sudden it starts drippin oil out of the crank case hose. It comes up from the crank and ends up in the middle of your front. Why would it be throwing oil out of it? Is it normal when It does that?

So I was driving today. All day and all of sudden it starts drippin oil out of the crank case hose. It comes up from the crank and ends up in the middle of your front. Why would it be throwing oil out of it? Is it normal when It does that?

How much oil is in the crankcase? It should only be 650 cm3 (about 2/3 of a quart and it's not really normal for it to "puke" any out.

When was the last leakdown test performed on this engine? Spitting transmission fluid is generally a sign that the right crankcase seal is leaking or there is a break in the case between the crankcase and transmission.

Never did a leak down test but I think it just over heated. Runs fine now. I'm not sure if it will do it again. I went a wicked far ways today

Never did a leak down test but I think it just over heated. Runs fine now. I'm not sure if it will do it again. I went a wicked far ways today

You need to build/buy a leakdown tester and confirm that your engine isn't blowing into your transmission. Then you can assume that it was an isolate incident.

I would agree with civic. not normal no matter how far you ride to puke up tranny oil. I have only done that once and it was an overfil. if you have a small crank seal leak it will build pressure in the tranny case and force the oil out the path of least resistance, i.e. the breather tube

How much do those cost - and how do you even use t?

I believe Slickerthanyou is charging $30 for the tester. They're well made units that include the parts necessary to use the tool.

You can build one yourself if you don't mind tromping off to the hardware store at least twice and looking for a low pressure gauge (and you're barely going to save any money).

You put the gauge/fill end into the intake manifold (after removing the carburetor) and block off the exhaust hole (after removing the exhaust header) and pressurize the engine with a small amount of air. Any leaks can be found using a soap solution.

you pull your carb and exhaust then you plug the exhaust and add 7lbs of pressure to the cylinder with a bicycle pump and a homemade leaktester. they are sold here for cheap. i usually leave mine for about 10 min and go check to see if it went down at all

I suggest buying one here from slick. his work great. i built my own had a very hard time finding a 10psi guage. cost me about 40 bux to build and it didn't work that well

Wil a advance auto parts have one ?

Advance auto parts will not have a 2 stroke motorcycle engine diagnostic tool. You either need to build one yourself or purchase one.

They're not terribly complicated.... a low pressure gauge, "t", schrader valve, and PVC part to clamp into the intake and then some sort of method to block off the exhaust port....

Alright.. I'm gunna change the oil. And if it does it again I'm gunna get a leakdown tester.. Is it bad to drive it.

So If the plug is fine. I could most likely over filled. How Long did it take for yours to spit up the oil once you over filled it