Yamaha Blaster not starting

yes i live in the valley ;( i mean i would even be interested in paying somone to come down here from like NY or surrounding areas if it would bypass me from putting it in the shop

Ok, so you made me read this whole thread again X(. First problem we have is kick start is not working properly. We know that the piston/crank will move by rocking back and forth with quad in gear, correct? By using the manual, links given, and parts list/diagrams @Bike Bandit, please use proper terms, it's not a "thing"8-|. You have to inspect the kick starter mechinisim by taking off the clutch cover (this is where the manual comes in, I'm not typing all that :D) You will be lookin for any broken or loose parts. The end of kicker return spring is known to break, $6 part. The broken piece might get jambed. Kicker assembly might be shot (doubt it). Possible something wrong with the idler gear for kick start. When (if?) you take clutch cover off, if you don't see anything broken or loose, post some pics, someone might spot the problem.

Next issue is this oil. What oil did you fill? Where did you put it? Have you determined where it leaked from? Have you had clutch cover off yet?

Also, it is always best to clean you quad best you can before working on it, even if you have to blow through a hose to get loose dirt away from spark plug, etc. if you don't have a compressor or can get to car wash. Dirt and close tolerance parts DO NOT play together well.:eek:

As to taking it to a shop, I know a guy, his name is Ben Dover :eek:.
Between a manual, links given, and help here, YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF I:I

2000 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200M Parts, 2000 Yamaha Blaster 200 YFS200M OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com Kick Starter Axle Assy 1993 Yamaha Blaster YFS 200 Axle Kick Starter Axle | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
ive had cluctch cover removed by reading the manual i looked on youtube for videos showing me the difference between a working part and a nonworking part and also inspected everything to see if it is in working condition. came up with nothing. I will take the cylinder apart again and take more pictures. the oil im using for the tank under the seat is atv 10w-30 and im using ATF f type for the tranmission oil

ive had cluctch cover removed by reading the manual i looked on youtube for videos showing me the difference between a working part and a nonworking part and also inspected everything to see if it is in working condition. came up with nothing. I will take the cylinder apart again and take more pictures. the oil im using for the tank under the seat is atv 10w-30 and im using ATF f type for the tranmission oil

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, oil under the seat is for 2 stroke gas/oil mix for injector motors

noooooooooooooooooo,
the tank under the seat requires 2 stroke oil injetion oil, this was posted above, the transmission can use 10-30 or atf type f.
good thing this hasn't started for you, pistons will not last long at all with the wrong oil in the injection tank or pre mixed.

contrary to whats suggested above, this is one case i recommend professional help...asap.

lmao okay my bad guys i found out i blown the transmission....from holding the throttle all the way in i forgot you should do it 1/4 3/4 of the way. the guy told me that before i bought the quad that if i did that i would blow the tranny. just wanna thank you guys for the help and troubleshootin at least i know i wont have to replace anything else for a while after all the stuff i did to it...cheersI:I is ebay the best site for a tranny? and what tranny do i need for a yamaha blaster 02? last question thanks a lot guys! will post pictures of me whippin in the roads when its fixed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

What is this, you blew the tranny from giving it full throttle, never heard thet one before.

And you aint going to be whipping up any roads for long if you do not put some injector oil in the tank.

Any YFS 200 Tranny will work.

so i should put some injector oil in the tranny even tho im mixing 32:1 ratio in the tank?
and yeah the guy warned me about it before i bought the quad thats how he set up the tranny i guess? idk but i dont see any complete trannys on ebay :O

That guy was having a lend of you big time., I laffed my teeth out when I read that you blew the tranny by giving the motor full throttle, it just don't happen that way.

Premix requires no oil to be put in the oil tank it should be blocked off.

Do not put any 2 stroke injector oil in the tranny, if you have that may be the reason that is not working.