Yamaha Blaster not starting

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
hi im new to quading but i recently bought a 2002 yamaha banshee i was riding it with the choke out and it cut off on me now it wont start on me. the person i bought it from rebuilt the front end and motor and he has a fml exhaust on it and he kept it in great shape it started first kick when he showed me. Please help i really enjoy quading so much would appreciate a quick response! Also now i cant even kick start it because the peddle wont go all the way down so i know its not compression or whatever. please help bump bump bump! I:I:(

could be seized if he didint leak test it after the fresh rebuild, and also riding it with the choke out could make it loose compression and not start, blaster compression needs to be over 100 to start, compression check it if its not siezed up

First off Welcome!!
Next, title says Blaster thread says Banshee. Which is it??
Previous owner might have been running with choke on to compensate for an air leak

Top right of screen name is search function, try "compresion test" or "testing compression", also in general support section is a download of blaster manual, it will explain how it's done. Not that hard . Course, if you can't move kicker you can't test anyways.

its a yamaha blaster sorry for mistake and the kickstart peddle wont go down so i dont think its the compression.... i think i may have blown the clutch when i was riding it with the choke out the guy said to me very specifilly to make sure the choke is in after the quad starts going

Worst thing choke out would do is foul a plug!
Is it in neutral, you can push quad without spinning motor over?
If yes, try putting it in gear and see if motor spins at all. Not trying to bump start, we are trying to diagnose wether kick start problem or motor problem.

We need to find out if the motor is turning over.

Take the spark plug out , put it in gear and rock the bike backward and forward to see if the piston is free to go up and down.

If the piston seems stuck, take the pipe off and get a look at the piston up the exhaust port to see if it or the rings are damaged.

where are the spark plugs located i would need u to walk me threw it im very new to quading. & i will try to unjam it by putting it in gear and rocking back and forth will let u know what the outcome is!