Yamaha Blaster 1999

Is my Blaster done for unless I take it to a mechanic?

• seized piston?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • crank rod?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i have never had a piston look like that in my entire 20 years riding.
maybe a little to do with cuz im picky when purchasing.and maintaining them as well :)

You still haven't answered the question. Did you buy the ebay elcheapo cylinder or a new OEM cylinder?

Not likely it's OEM for that price, but might be better than the $85 cylinders. Retail on just the OEM cylinder is $481.99.

And no haven't made a purchase yet on a leak tester. Why?
Just simply, you should have leak tested it before you pulled it apart, to find out where the air leak was that could have caused the carnage.

If you had taken any advice from anyone, it should have been to leak test, many, many posts ago.

It may have avoided the engine crapping the bed!

Last edited:
remington is 14 years old
i give you props for even trying to rebuild an engine
learning all this at that age you will be a pro when grown :)

I agree a FULL rebuild is in order. You are looking at 200 - 400 dollars and a good solid weekend. If you think you can do it we will help. Otherwise I would suggest you sell the bike and get another one. You could also send it to a builder and have it done professionally.

remington is 14 years old
i give you props for even trying to rebuild an engine
learning all this at that age you will be a pro when grown :)

I totally agree. I bet 90% of us have gotten ride-itis. Despite what advice we were given we went ahead and rode when it wasn't ready. I know there is a lot of frustration dealing with this bike. But i bet money the kid learned a lesson. Remington I'll help ya out under 2 conditions.

1. You listen to all advice and instructions given.

2. Put on a damn shirt!

Reactions: Herpderplol
In all fairness everyone is being rude.

In all fairness we tried to get him to test the engine prior to running it. Said it over and over and over but too stubborn to buy the $30 tool to save spending $310 on a new jug, piston, head PLUS crank bearings now, gaskets the whole nine yards. hes looking at an easy $500+ now when a bad crank seal, or gasket could have had hime ripping up the trails.

In all fairness we tried to get him to test the engine prior to running it. Said it over and over and over but too stubborn to buy the $30 tool to save spending $310 on a new jug, piston, head PLUS crank bearings now, gaskets the whole nine yards. hes looking at an easy $500+ now when a bad crank seal, or gasket could have had hime ripping up the trails.

Can I get an amen?!o_O

Can I get an amen?!o_O

A-MEN

bible gif J.gif

Reactions: DeJay1206