Yamaha Blaster 1999

Is my Blaster done for unless I take it to a mechanic?

• seized piston?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • crank rod?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yes sir but I guess if you take a 6 inch long bolt put a washer on and put a socket on after the washer and slide the bolt through the pin and put a nut on on the other side and pull it but I'm open minded. Why not break a piston that's already broke? Lol

not bad idea...unless you are going to split cases anyways then you can leave it on there till you get motor out of frame,and or cases split to get better leverageo_O

A small long bolt that is small enough to pull through the pin hole in the piston whilst not pulling through the pin.

Tighten the nut to Draw the pin into a length of tube or a deep socket, works well every time.

If stubborn, heat may help on the piston bosses!

I had one like this... Had to build a block to hold the engine on its side and support the rod. So basically a box...with a block under the rod to keep it from moving much when I tapped out the wrist pin. Took a lot of wd40 and hammering but it came out.

Crazy thing is...the new wrist pin slid right in and moved perfectly.

Because the wrist pin and piston took a little bit of heat treatment. The bolt idea seems easiest. You were a little late blasterr! But if hadn't of searched you'd taught me something lmao

Reactions: harley1-5
You have started to take advice, please continue!

Just one little bit of that piston could be lurking in the case.

Everything may now turn freely, but when you flush out the case, maybe just that little one bit of piston may stay lodged between a seal and a bearing ( or in a crevice somewhere).

Even though the engine may run for a time after rebuild, chances are, that little bit of piston could want to stop hiding and take up residence in a bearing.

I need not tell you the final result, as it should be obvious, which can equal many more $$$$$$$ spent for a complete new engine.

Take no chances, split the cases and clean or replace the bearings.

Not positive about compression either haven't done much to it after rebuild just waiting to get some things.

if its not responding, then something is installed correctly with the spring. You might not have pulled the spring into tension. you have to pull part of the spring, up over the spring and set it into a little hole

sometimes those springs will bend a little on the side that sticks in the case and not want to stay in