Y is my carburator leaking fuel?

McKee

Dec 27, 2010
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
So i took my carb apart to clean it cuz i just sanded and repainted ny fenders, and when i put it back together n turned the gas on, it started comin out of the over flow nipple in the back bottom of the carb. Why is this happening? Also when i had the carb off, i checked the main jet size, i think it said 63, is that stock size?

float is stuck, out of adjustment, or there's stuff in the needle and seat, pull it apart and clean it up.

but before that, tap the side of the bowl with a screwdriver handle and see if it stops

I think thats what it said. Its a stock carb, but i hav a toomey b1 pipe n silencer that came on it, and i was lookin on the toomey website at that, and it said it came with jets. I was just wondering if that is the toomey jet, or the stock jet?

wonder if it is a dyno jet kit number. you should always stick is mikuni jets in a mikuni carb.

not sure where the thread is for this, but give this a try.
you know the tab that the float valve is connected to. bend it upward just a very little and see if that helps.

you should also check for cracks in the float bodies , if they get cracks from fuel drying out the plastic the float will collect fuel inside and not float , and also cause this problem . Usually if its just sticking a good cleaning will take care of that .