WTF is this thing and how do i get rid of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshHockey95

Oct 22, 2010
Western PA
WTF is this thing and how do i get rid of it? It is hooked up under the hood and when i unplugged it the quad wouldn't start. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose and it just ends up in the way so i want to get rid of it but before I do i just want to make sure splicing the wires will bypass it.

IMG00007-20101111-0944.jpg

IMG00006-20101111-0944.jpg

IMG00005-20101111-0943.jpg

IMG00004-20101111-0943.jpg

Ya pretty sure its not the TORS. and it is causing me harm because it hangs far enough out of the quad that it will almost hit the ground so all that extra wire is zip tied up under my hood in the way. If you are going to say keep it there don't comment because i'm not going to unless i have to and thats what i'm doing until someone says how to get rid of it

What is it? its a connector.

How to get rid of it? Grab it and pull really really hard.

If that doesn't work, tie a rope to it and tie the other end to the back of an 89 geo metro, have your aunt judy get in and tell her to floor it and dump the clutch. thats how we got cousin Jimmy's tooth out when he was 7. Worked like a charm :)

No need to get all touchy youngin :p
I know my blasters, obviously you dont. That IS a part of the TORS. Pick up a manual 8-|

Take your opinion somewhere else I really don't care about it 3 other people said it was the tors which i threw in the f*cking garbage can so thats not what it is. obviously you need to get a manual about when to shut your mouth.

No need to get all touchy youngin :p
I know my blasters, obviously you dont. That IS a part of the TORS. Pick up a manual 8-|

And maybe everyone but you was right by saying it was a part of the tors because i guess thats possible but it is definitely not the part that goes into the "throttle body" because i threw it away

Throttle Body
Definition: In a traditional spark ignition gasoline engine, the throttle body is the part of the air intake system that controls the amount of air that flows into an engine's combustion chamber. It consists of a bored housing that contains a throttle plate (butterfly) that rotates on a shaft. When the accelerator (gas pedal) is pushed down, the throttle plate opens and allows air into the engine. When the gas pedal is released, the butterfly closes and effectively chokes-off (throttles) air flow into the combustion chamber. This process effectively controls the speed of the engine and ultimately the speed of the vehicle.

Take your opinion somewhere else I really don't care about it 3 other people said it was the tors which i threw in the f**cking garbage can so thats not what it is. obviously you need to get a manual about when to shut your mouth.

good luck gettin any help now doucherocket....that was a real slick move there bud...way to make a name for yourself...I:I...keep up the good work tough guy...

Originally Posted by JoshHockey95
Take your opinion somewhere else I really don't care about it 3 other people said it was the tors which i threw in the f**cking garbage can so thats not what it is. obviously you need to get a manual about when to shut your mouth.

Obviously you need to get a manual on how to fix your phucking bike. Funny thing... if you would have solved your crainial rectal inversion problem, you would have realized that the manual has wiring diagrams. And guess what Einstien, the wires are even phucking color coded so morons like yourself can figure them out. So print this pik, use it for toilet paper, because you sure as hell aren't smart enough to use it properly...

Oh, by the way, the pik you posted, has a black wire with a yellow stripe, funny thing is... it goes to the throttle switch. Unless you have somehow, with your rocket scientist wisdom, hooked a servo to your carb, the only other reason for a throttle switch would be the tors,

100_1972.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.