Written Permission.

Longview

Mar 16, 2012
Attleboro, Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
Any body know the way about having written permission to ride on land? Like how does that work with the law, cop come, you show the notice and they leave? Like I don't think it's that simple is it? :-/ ( I live in Massachusetts if that helps )

Stop at your courthouse and see if you can get a document or something? Its not that hard to run from cops around here. I know some kids on dirtbikes that have done it. All you do is go wide open and head for a field or go in the trees. I have never tried it though.

I would say have a slip from the owner of the land stating that you are permitted to ride there and have all of his contact information so that if the police ask, they can call and confirm the permission. That would be my only guess...

if you have written permission to ride on private land...the cops shouldnt show up anyway. someone would have to call and report you. the owner wouldnt do that if he gave you permission to ride.

if you have written permission to ride on private land...the cops shouldnt show up anyway. someone would have to call and report you. the owner wouldnt do that if he gave you permission to ride.

This what SHOULD happen. But some people around here like to get their noses in others businees and call the cops on anything. my neigbors will call the cops on me for riding my z around my culdasac twice and putting it on the trailer. thats how retarded my neighbors are.

Well I've gotten Verbal Permission from a land owner, But there are houses near the land I'm riding on, they are the ones calling the police.

I would just go to the owner of the land, ask for him to write, or type, a letter with his name on it, your name on it, and then both sign/date it. having his phone number on there so contact can be made to verify the permission.

If you have permission to ride there, and the cops show up, just stop and be polite/courteous with them. if you're an a-hole to them they will reciprocate. some of them may have quads of their own at home and respect that you're wanting to enjoy your hobby legally.

were i live you only have to have written permission to hunt on someones elses land but iv never heard of written permission to ride