Wreck Stories

iv rolled a few quads and what not , but my worst one(which wasent to bad really) was when i was crusing down this snowy road going real fast and went to drive into the ditch(didnt think it was that deep) and front end plowed in and the quad did 2 flips landing on the grab bar standing up right beside me.
IMG00117.jpg

IMG00118.jpg

My worst would have to be the time that i took my sportsman 450 into a bigger part of a crick that we ride and i tipped it over into the water while trying to go up one of the many steep banks along the sides of the crick

crashed one of my older blasters into a tree(black ice) result cracked frame and the a arm was bent to sh*t it was totaled the whole front was screwed and the pipe was bent up

ummm......84 Yamaha IT200

had it for 2 hours had CR125 Disc Front End. hit front brakes on gravel corner in 4th gear down i went got up went to start the bike and seen blood on the kicker. looked at my arm and it was bad now i have a indent up my whole forearm from that.

next in line.....99 arctic cat 300

tried this rather steep hill in 2wd on utility so u no how that went up and over backwards twisted around landed on its side. no damage to me or wheeler.

my blaster went over backwards in 6th pinned doin this right sweet wheelie. no damage to me but blaster did bout 3 flips 10 feet in the air once it hit the ditch it just launched up and started flippin. it came back down broke front left and right rear tire off bead. aired them back up and continued on my way.

my 99 polaris scrambler 400 4x4

o man this was the worst. goin up the fire road about 3/4 throttle how ever fast that was and it decided it wanted to shift to 4WD on its own so it pulled really bad towards the ditch so i corrected it and it started rollin i bailed rolled into the ditch landing at the end of a culvert. wheeler well i dont no how many rolls it did cuz i was layin in the ditch half dyin it seemed. eventually after about 5 mins of layin there i got up (wheeler stayed running somehow) rolled it off its side came home and put it for sale.

this only happened a little over 2 weeks ago now. still scrapped scratched bruised and ribs feel fine now was wearing a brace thing around my ribs so i could breathe right.

the funny thing is the fastest most powerful thing i ever had was a 92 RM250 and i never ever crashed that. i could wheelie jump all that good stuff and never crashed

my two worst....
jan 1989, was doing an ama national hare and hound, over 60 quads entered... off the start I thought I was following my roomate and we were truckin.. about 2 miles in tapped in 5th, came around a sweeper and up a hill.. other side of hill dropped away into a mine field of softball to basketball sized rocks, snapped a tierod and went end over end destrying my knee. got up pulled bike off the course..then saw my roommate go buy (no idea who I was follwing), then a couple of my feinds..then bike after bike after bike later found out I was running 5th overall out of over 60 quads including the best of the best since it was a national.

second crash..after 3 months of the knee heeling I was doing a desert race, long section of 2' whoops followed by a sharp downhill (about 20' down) first three laps, skimmed the whoops, tapped the brake and launched the down hill landing just before the flat. last lap the back end kicked up hard, when I hit the break it kicked way hard.. I basically did half a front flip, was now flying upside down and backwards..landed inverted on the flat, head , shoulder, quad.. broke two vertabrae in my neck.. the bike tumbled so hard it bent the frame, bent the axle at almost a 45 degree angle, ripped the fender off, bent the bars and stem and broke the bead on 2 tires.

I have had two wrecks. One I am lucky to be alive, the second i have never lafed so hard in my life. The first one i was in kentucky riding with my dad and my uncle. My unce let me ride his 400 suzuki. He had a racing style frame so it was lighter than air. any way we were on some coal mining roads back in the mountins. we were flying down the road, i my self proly doing around 55 to 60. As were flying down the road im powersliding becasuse it easy its gravel, no prob. well toweds the end of this road is when it gets bad. i try doing this powerslide in bigger rocks. i kick it side ways as im side ways i hit a larger bolder like rock. just anough to flip me. i go flying off the side as the 400 just starts to flip, i go flying a good 20 feet though the air and hit some rocks ripping my shirt to shreds and giving me a 2 1/2 inch gash on my leg, and then going back into the air and hitting a bolder with my ribs. busting 2 of my ribs. the second one right after i got my blaster i poped a wheely with a bad clutch. it popped up no prob. but it went strat up, and then i fall off, the blaster then just rides like that for a what semed like ever because i couldnt get up i was laughing so hard.

3 years ago i was racing my old suzuki 250 in a mx race came out of a nice sweeping turn pinned the throttle and miss judged the double infront of me ..front end smash straight into the second of the double i go flipping over the bike land facing the wrong way and see my bike flipping towards me i went into the fetal position lol and here comes my bike landing on my foot fracturing my ankle and 3 bones in my foot

my worst wreck happened a few days ago i was do 5th gear wheelies and didnt know that my back brakes were shot i poped it up it got a lil far back then i go to hit the back brake it doesnt do anything then it keeps going back so i decided to bail and let it fall back down so it wouldent tip over when it hit the grab bar in 5th skinned my knee to the bone on gravel......X(

my worst wreck happened a few days ago i was do 5th gear wheelies and didnt know that my back brakes were shot i poped it up it got a lil far back then i go to hit the back brake it doesnt do anything then it keeps going back so i decided to bail and let it fall back down so it wouldent tip over when it hit the grab bar in 5th skinned my knee to the bone on gravel......X(

atleast you saved the blasty!

this happened to me yesterday.got this field next to my house started to make me a track i can go flying around.well im in fifth gear all of a sudden i see a little handmade ditch i forgot about.im like hit the brakes or jump it?decided to jump it back tires hit the other side seat smacked me in the genitale/ass sent me over the handlebars.quad stayed running(sportclutch) while i layed there for about 10 minutes at least.no i know the real meaning of blue balls lol.had on long sleeved shirt and pants or id be itching like a mofo sliding throught the weeds

Ive had a couple.

One was doing little 30 foot tabletop, overcleared it, then turned into a bank and rolled it, lol, was ok thoug

Another time was trail riding and got stuck on a tree stump, then tried to rock out off it and the whole tree stump moved, rollin my quad and pinning it down on my back, my mate needed to push it off, i like couldnt breathe.

Another time was doing no foot can can and didnt get feet back in time, had no nerf bars so left foot got dragged under quad, proper bad sprain, thought could have been broken even with Alpinestars tech 6s

Final bad one, going through field full of sunflowers, my dad had cleared paths crossing each other, i was on one and my mate on another going over way.
At a cross over we clipped each other, rolling my quad, but it was all fine. On his though he bent the rear axle.

last thursday i went to my buddies house to go ridein. And their was this small 3 foot kicker that we were hittin. and he told me not to hit it fast cause it was like strait up and down. Well i got comfortable with it and went faster. (never hit a small ramp in 4th gear)
Well i hit it goin so fast that the front of the quad sorta went over and it kicked the backend straight up when i hit the ramp, the quad nosedived and hit the ground on my bumper then continued to throw me to the ground and land right on top of me, plowing my face in the grass. Every one that saw it said i was a solid 10 foot in the air. Blasty didnt get hurt thank god. Ive been in alot of pain this weekend. So my suggestion is listen when people warn you about speed over a ramp.

Sorry for the long storry i went to detail

a few months ago before i had my blaster i was riding my friends timberwolf at haspin acres, so i was going up were there were 4 or 5 diff. hills and i thought i was going up the easy one becuase i didnt think the thing could go up the hard won but my luck i accidentally went up the one that looks easyat first thangets steep at the top so it died and it started roling back and then started barrel rolls so iroled about 50 feet or more down the hill i would have been knocked out without my helmet and i get up my friendsaid i was shaking really bad i had no idea so we flipedit back over rod a little bit and i got light headed so we went back to camp and and iseen my knee was 2 or three times larger than normal couldnt bendit at all becuase of swelling my other leg my shin was sticking out about 2inches and my ankle on that leg was badly swolin i wasnt ableto do anything for a few months some how i didnt break anything i think never got checked though. (now i look back and can laugh about it)

wow haha you guys have some bad ones i guess im a little more carefull then everyone else. Well anywho i was riding my blaster in my yard and doing wheelies and such and anyways i was practicing my slow wheelies so i was in first gear all the time.So i got my wheelie up and was riding it good then all the sudden WHAM! and next thing i know im flying over the handle bars...
the bad thing about sitting down and doing wheelies is that you cant see in front of you well i had the wheelie going and then i hit a stump nice i know....

wasnt my wreck but was there one someone got a sore one

was up at the track on monday and was chasing 2 450 dirtbikes on my banshee it came an area with lots of jumps most of which are about 60 and 70 feet so i slowed down as im not that experianced and the bike went out of site after that i came flying round the corner and one of them was lying there knocked out, he lay the for around half an hour before a helicopter came to take him to hospital last i heard he was okay but they didnt want to take any chances

i was racing a couple moths back at a track by my town. i was running such a clean race jumping great having great times then, i was coming around a corner fast in my second moto i had second place. well cam around the corner a little too hot played the clutch a tad bit too much got sideways hit a rut and bang ejects me 15 feet of coarse tether shuts the bike off. run back to the bike got passed by one rider get the tether pretty much on and this jerkoff moves my bike trying to get me out of the way. I WAS ON THE SIDE OF THE TRACK. so go for it again and he moves me again!. now im pissed im cursing at him trying to get my tether in now im in 4th place get the bike running and end up holding forth place out of like 8.

not as bad but thought i would share. and sorry for going into story after the wreck