Wiseco Piston size?

BlasterIan

Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
Before I ask about the Wiseco piston size heres my story...

A guy came and test drove my Blaster I have for sale, I just put this motor in and anyway, I said to him no joy rides please, he starts it and goes WOT and the bike is ICE cold!

Goes away for like 5 - 10 minutes, (I was stressing, thinking he stole my bike)

Comes back WOT, and says it just died on him and stuggled to get it started.

I WAS PISSED OFF. You dont WOT any motor from cold!

I got home and stripped my new motor, only to find that the rings are fried in the grooves of the piston. I got them free but Im gonna need a new piston and rings.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION!

Its a Wiseco Piston with the following numbers on top.

6553<-- (could be a 0) 3<-- (could be a J but last digit looks like a 3)
578<-- (could be 0 or 3)M86675

what size bore is this and how much oversize from standard?

not sure on the part numbers, maybe ken oconnor will chime in and solve the mystery ???

and you should have clothes-lined his ass as he tried to pull off

none of those numbers make sense to what size it would be. should be some numbers anywhere from 66.0-68.25 any number combination between there in .25 incraments will be the piston size

unless that last number you put up is one of them.. the 67.75. that would be a piston size for a blaster

Before I ask about the Wiseco piston size heres my story...

A guy came and test drove my Blaster I have for sale, I just put this motor in and anyway, I said to him no joy rides please, he starts it and goes WOT and the bike is ICE cold!

Goes away for like 5 - 10 minutes, (I was stressing, thinking he stole my bike)

Comes back WOT, and says it just died on him and stuggled to get it started.

I WAS PISSED OFF. You dont WOT any motor from cold!

I got home and stripped my new motor, only to find that the rings are fried in the grooves of the piston. I got them free but Im gonna need a new piston and rings.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION!

Its a Wiseco Piston with the following numbers on top.

6553<-- (could be a 0) 3<-- (could be a J but last digit looks like a 3)
578<-- (could be 0 or 3)M86675

what size bore is this and how much oversize from standard?

i would a flipped a nut on him. telling him he pays for the damaged done. and i would be stressing to. sorry to hear though. i fell your pain bought my blaster not even fully pay the dude and it blows up only to have the dude like to my face about the whole thing.

My local dealer never had stock of a Wiseco, there one supplier had 1 Wossner 0.75 left, will be getting it this afternoon!

Are these good pistons?

as far as I can gather they are not bad pistons better that a stock piston, if I may ask how much are you paying for the piston and is it a kit with bearing, gudgeon pin and rings or just the piston?

as far as I can gather they are not bad pistons better that a stock piston, if I may ask how much are you paying for the piston and is it a kit with bearing, gudgeon pin and rings or just the piston?

I ordered it from Droomers for R1050.
As far as I know its the kit with everything, well that what I asked for at least :D

If its not the kit, no Big deal, I just want to go ride tomorrow. as far as breaking in procedure goes with the new piston and rings, how to I go about it?

I have not rebored as it was not necessary said the guys because not major failure occurred, only rings that seized on the piston.

They recon, just throw the new piston in and go, but im sure there should be a little precautions due to the new rings etc.

Wossener is a german company who make forged pistons so yes, they are good and are mostly used for big bore applications.

Are you sure your motor is jetted ok? sounds like it didnt have enough oil.

You should have warmed it up before he took off. or told him before he took off.

Hone it.

Use new head and base gaskets and do heat cycles and re tension head and base.

Ride 2 tanks of fuel at no more than 3/4 throttle before you fang it.

If you are using the stock injection make sure it is bled properly, and you are using oil designed for air cooled motorcycle engines.

Awk posted some very interesting facts as to why you should not use a Synthetic oil for break in.