Wiseco clutch basket

I have one (Wiseco). Just my .02,, but a billet basket is a billet basket. I think Magnum or something (they go by another name also) is even cheaper but looks the same quality. I have no complaints. I havnt opened up the clutch cover since install but I havnt yet seen a billet basket with grooves like the stock ones.

Awkster did a good thread on installing one etc...

Only thing different is the Wiseco didn't come with a different backing plate. I used the stock one.

Reactions: Fast6hand
I have one (Wiseco). Just my .02,, but a billet basket is a billet basket. I think Magnum or something (they go by another name also) is even cheaper but looks the same quality. I have no complaints. I havnt opened up the clutch cover since install but I havnt yet seen a billet basket with grooves like the stock ones.

Awkster did a good thread on installing one etc...

Only thing different is the Wiseco didn't come with a different backing plate. I used the stock one.
And was there a noticeable difference in performance?

I dont think my basket changed anything in performance. The clutch is still a PITA to pull for me. HD springs and filed inner basket

Well as far as feel I would have to say no. Now if I had a grooved basket I am sure there would be improvement.. That's the thing with a billet basket.. Its the "things" you don't notice that are the benefits.. Like longer clutch life, no gritty feel, no slop in the primary drive gear and basket itself, I think lighter,? (now that I think of it I wish I weighed it) Over all it will certainly last longer (forever)..

All in all ,, If you need a basket than get a Billet one. If your basket is still good and or just needs a quick hit with a file than I say no need for a billet one yet..

Also incase you don't know already there are a couple good mods (free :D) you can do to your existing clutch basket and hub to improve upon..

From Hinson,,Imo basically the same for any billet basket..

"The Winningest Clutch Basket in the World, race proven by all the best teams worldwide including Team Muscle Milk Honda, Team Red Bull KTM, Team Monster Kawasaki, Team Yoshimura Suzuki and Team Rinaldi Yamaha. | Improves clutch performance and life | Improves heat dissipation | Precision machined from billet T-6 aircraft quality aluminum to aerospace tolerances, and hardcoated for five times the wear resistance to stock* (*with proper maintenance) | Allows clutch assembly to spin truer creating less heat when clutch is disengaged | Increased oiling to help fight clutch heat and fade. | Helps eliminate clutch chatter when used with Hinson Clutch Components pressure plate and inner hub. | Made In the USA.