winter rebuild of jeff that changed everything

25C884CA-CC1A-4063-960E-528DC6C284A6_zpsrquob4eh.jpg~original

F69AE9BC-3402-4A67-A2C9-C4E074B2C0C6_zpsnkrnbwzh.jpg~original

and here is the new 06 blaster frame that is going to be the mk2 of my yfz powered blaster will be starting soom will be starting a new thread showing how to fit it in exact cuts angles of bars as i will be using the old frame to take the measurments. will be taking the panels a bit further with quick release panels front and back, better quality air box, stronger radiator mounts and a smaller dry sump tank plus a few other tweaks

Building a Blaster with a WR250F right now. would like to compare notes, mainly what you did with the kicker, and how much did you remove from each side of the inside of the swinger for alignment.

Building a Blaster with a WR250F right now. would like to compare notes, mainly what you did with the kicker, and how much did you remove from each side of the inside of the swinger for alignment.
in the last picture i dont see a kicker mounted, so maybe just holds onto it?

my dad just got a wr250f and it has electric start? wouldnt you just use that?

I will use the electric start, the 2001 and 2002 WRs did not have it, but mine is a 2003 and DOES have electric start. I just wanted the kicker as a backup in case the battery goes dead.

Sure are alot of electrical components to tuck in under the hood of the blaster. That is where I think the battery will go as well.

The
kick start is made by using the splined knuckle of the yzf250 kick start with it machined down to take the actual blaster kick start, it works well bta as stated by the other member i did carry it around as i lost the bolt and to honest kept forgeting about it between rides,

Depending on your airbox situation, that might be a better location. just whip off the seat to charge it

This is probally the best idea for ease of fitting but will reduce air box size alot, i dont have a battery as its a yzf not wr but i would probally mount under hood some where rather than make air box shorter, ive already built the quad once theres many pics posted regarding alterations, as wr and yzf are same motors pretty much it should point you in right direction

Im
Any progress on this project?
in the process of chopping frame and rear suspension mount out at the minute but as i already have a built frame i will be taking dimensions straight from that as ive done all the devolpment on that frame, i will get you the dimensions regarding swing arm in next day or so, the shims inside swingsrm are what counts for positioning engine swing arm is then machined untill its a good fit.

The small metal muchroom gromits that are in engine where swing arm bolt passes through have to be tapped out and machined or ground back quite alot again i dont have a exact measurement from my build but can find out wen i go to unit as the other one is in bit for that reason

You will not regret putting the motor in that i can assure you power to weight is unreal

Any one who needs any info about the engine or panels and need a quick anser im on facebook grant hill picture of me on back wheel of red motocross bike pm me always happy to help i do try get on here but can be weeks before i see a question

Thanks for the update, I am in the process of finalizing the front engine mounts now. Looking forward to riding it, but I am surprised how tall the engine is compared to the blaster.

Yes they are tall and carb connection is so much higher on these i had a heck of a time connecting the air box

Right after loosing all interest in getting quad built im finally back on top of it here is how far ive got but will be adding pics over next few weeks of how its going.

New for this year full rebuild with 290 head and hot cam

New custom arms

Quick release panels