winter rebuild of jeff that changed everything

awesome build and inspirational to others

Cheers mate i wasnt going to share but as i found such limited info for inspiration to move forward i decided that its knowledge that has to be shared .

Id like to point out to anyone thinking i cant do this i have no tools bla bla bla i done this build with the following tools

Socket set
Cheap spanner set
Cheap second hand welder
Hammer
Grinder
File
Vice

All metal used was either cut from frame and re used or bits ive found over a few months on site.

Just take your time and enjoy it and be prepared for a stroppy mrs

A few pics of front panel mounted. not overly impressed with orange the top bit i made but for a first attempt and for this summer it will be covered in stickers and left
247E480A-FCA0-445C-8B3B-3186926886D1_zpsoviisbxg.jpg
EBFDA204-5E9F-4398-9FD1-CB53C0C07364_zpszyvufsng.jpg
111E1709-36AA-40A6-9E40-1EAE14AED868_zps4j5e5bho.jpg
BFF23AD2-C3C3-45C9-8972-F490523D631A_zps2kx8snwk.jpg

no helmet = no vid :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-Industr...parel_Merchandise&hash=item3ce43aed39&vxp=mtr

heres a little video of the first time riding it. ignore the air box falling off i forgot to bolt it up as im still making the connecting boot. it also has no brakes connected as i left fluid in work so i couldnt really open it up.

bit of setting up work to be done after air box is finished if i ever find time then its panels on.

oh and the modified YZF/ blaster kick start works just fine thankfully as starting it was a after thought

what power i squeezed out of it so far im happy it pulls like a train

Last edited by a moderator:
nice looking build !
get yourself a helmet on for the next vids please

Helmet yeah granted didnt think about it to be fair was only supposed to ride it slow up and down to check no leaks under load on custom dry sump tank.

, kids wear a helmet Motorsport is dangerous and should always be worn dont follow fools like me

The "I just gotta ride" bug bites again.

No helmet, no brakes, no air filter, a disaster waiting to happen!
Granted on the bug bites again but it was for research reasons as had a few issues that needed checking,

It has a filter medium on carb but not the actual airbox which will be ready before it goes out. ( having rebuild first)

Brakes you could be right on but given there was no one other than me riding of driving in that space with a lengthly run out either end i deemed it safe enough, i maybe got to 20 mph max that i do on my push bike. But wouldnt advise riding with no brakes

throw on a helmet real quick and get a better, closer up, video. the first video has some back fire on decel that i heard. might be a bit lean when the throttle is closed.

I have been looking at that instamorph stuff. I want to do some custom fenders. Not sure I would use it directly but it could be very awesome for prototyping/mold making for fiberglassing. Great find thanks for sharing. Nice bike.

have you done any temp readings around where you are using the stuff? I would think above the exhaust and head would get pretty warm.

throw on a helmet real quick and get a better, closer up, video. the first video has some back fire on decel that i heard. might be a bit lean when the throttle is closed.

Yea was thinking that to lean ive modded the exhaust quite a bit so will get it all checked out this week hopefully, will have helmet and brakes on this weekend will get a better video.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: benharcombe1985
Got h
It may be safer to buy some brakes before a helmet.

A safe collision isn't as safe as being able to avoid a collision.

Got helmet will wear it next time i didnt intend on riding more than a few meters. Brake will be bled up tonite too

I have been looking at that instamorph stuff. I want to do some custom fenders. Not sure I would use it directly but it could be very awesome for prototyping/mold making for fiberglassing. Great find thanks for sharing. Nice bike.

have you done any temp readings around where you are using the stuff? I would think above the exhaust and head would get pretty warm.

I havent tested it around engine heat or exhaust but i wouldnt imagine it staying rigid. Its really good for moulding and that and its easy to get hang of too. Colouring it is a bit difficult but but not impossible

Ive shortened the silencer 85mm and pipe from front section to rear has been shortened maybe 80-100 mm with steeper bends on it, im not a 100% sure im right but it may now need re jetting as i know it was jetted for an exhaust change before.

right i thought id update this with some post build info and my thoughts on the engine.

first things first POWER.... and power this blaster now has. Im a two stroker fan and still miss the smell and sound when i start Jeff up but other than that id never own another 2stroke quad, the power delivery of the 250cc four stroke is scary, i was also worried about the fact its diving 2wheels instead of one and being sluggish but its not it launches either lifting the front or lighting the back wheels depending on surface doesnt work the clutch two hard.

ive put 20 hours on it since i first rode it the longest being 3 hours of extreme torture to clutch and motor and no slips or overheating of either, ive not had chance to test against many other quads that i have ridden with before but its heaps faster than the 240 blaster i had in it last year, i ride allsorts of ground smooth flast to really rough with some pretty big climbs that the quad no longer struggles as it delivers the power better not just spinning it up.

i will say however that there is a bit of vibration fromm engine when its just ticking over although not noticeable when riding, routine checking of nuts and bolts is now more of an issue than before.

if any one in UK is after blaster engine bits i have the hole motor altho its in a bits due to having casing repaired im looking to get rid of whole bottom end and a standard head in good condition had it as a spare its all sat collecting dust and wont get used by me and mey be handy for the spares by some one else