Will not idle has me stumped

Antonius

Aug 30, 2015
Central MI
Well new here just got my first quad, 02 blaster and I can't figure out why it won't idle. I had a new top end and clutch put in after I bought it and it idled fine when I first got it back from the shop. After the first ride it wouldn't idle and I found out the idle screw on the tors was stripped. So I installed the bypass kit with the new idle screw, still will not idle. The screw picks the slide up just like it should, but it will die if I don't keep pressure on the throttle. Took carb apart and cleaned twice. Runs great through the whole rpm range. Running premix 32:1, good plug, all stock except for bored .020 over and FMF silencer. Any ideas what could cause this?

did you ever heat cycle the new top end?
and re-torque nuts?

what is airscrew set at?
perhaps shop will fix it if they already fixed it once,for free:)

Heat cycle yes retorque no probly should do that and yes I'm calling the shop tomorrow but they will most likely tell me o we'll get to it next week sometime...

Did you file enough material off the boss on the carb? I've had to take a good bit off before to get them to even think about raising the slide at all.

A good carb cleaning wouldn't hurt either. You might have a semi clogged pilot jet.

Heat cycle yes retorque no probly should do that and yes I'm calling the shop tomorrow but they will most likely tell me o we'll get to it next week sometime...
I suspect the TORS systemo_O
I've put a Mikuni roundslide bike carb on my blaster, works great haves a normal idle screw on carb. and no extra junk that could misbehave(TORS)

Last edited:
Only thing I can think is maybe I didn't file enough down when I put the idle screw in. I put a new carb cap and cable on too. And last time I cleaned the carb I pulled the jets out and cleaned everything out real good

After my tors cap delete, I had to file a good bit more than just flat. I wanna say I had to take another 1/16th off it