Wierd Bog O.o

Im so frustrated.......Put in new plug, went riding, start it doing it again -.- .....Plug was freakin white, so im running lean.....My question is: I was running in reserve because of low fuel, could all the bumps and different positions caused lack of fuel at some times???

Filling the tank tomorrow and going back to settings where plug was brown.

It's UNLIKELY you hit enough bumps to run your carb out of fuel consistantly.

It's much more likely your jettings a little off. From the sound of the color of the plug, you're lean.

Try a larger pilot jet. The pilot jet supplies fuel throughout the entire RPM/throttle position range.

It's UNLIKELY you hit enough bumps to run your carb out of fuel consistantly.

It's much more likely your jettings a little off. From the sound of the color of the plug, you're lean.

Try a larger pilot jet. The pilot jet supplies fuel throughout the entire RPM/throttle position range.

Yea right now im running lean, i gotta go down one notch on the needle, the pilot jet wouldnt cause my problem.

Although i slightly agree with you, i was very low on fuel, running on reserve and the trails arent the smoothest, they rough as sh*t.

The pilot jet is not the issue, it does not sound like that, in idle i doesnt do it, but when im riding, like i explained earlier its not really a bog, its when i give it gas again it jsut doesnt respond, like goes blank then picks up the rpms and revs back normally

What do you think the engine runs off of when you let off the throttle?

When the engine is slowing down without the slide open the circuit providing the fuel is the pilot. If you are running that circuit lean, you'll have a moment of hesitation when you crack the throttle back open because the engine was running lean the whole time it was backing down and that first big gulp of air when you open the slide again is a lot of air and not much fuel. Once the engine gets "rolling" again, the main circuit is providing the fuel metered properly by the needle.

What do you think the engine runs off of when you let off the throttle?

When the engine is slowing down without the slide open the circuit providing the fuel is the pilot. If you are running that circuit lean, you'll have a moment of hesitation when you crack the throttle back open because the engine was running lean the whole time it was backing down and that first big gulp of air when you open the slide again is a lot of air and not much fuel. Once the engine gets "rolling" again, the main circuit is providing the fuel metered properly by the needle.

Ok, so go up one size on the pilot jet?? If so, whats the stock pilot jet #, to see if i find one tomorrow, if i have to order it im scrwed cuz im going on a ride sunday :(

Are you running a stock carburetor on your engine?

If it's a factory Mikuni 26mm, the pilot jet is a 30. The popular upgrade is to jump it up to a 32.5 jet.

If you are using a keihin carb you're probably around a 50 and you'll need to jump by at least 3 numbers.

What is your air screw set at?

Are you running a stock carburetor on your engine?

If it's a factory Mikuni 26mm, the pilot jet is a 30. The popular upgrade is to jump it up to a 32.5 jet.

If you are using a keihin carb you're probably around a 50 and you'll need to jump by at least 3 numbers.

What is your air screw set at?

I was thinking about that, the air screw, cuz this started after removing the oil injection, it was already jetted for the performance mods........its set at 2 turns out, im gonna run it today at 1.5 turns after i get back from college.

You had your blaster jetted right with the oil injection on the quad and then began premixing when this started?

Adding oil to the gasoline limits the amount of gasoline that can pass through the carburetor, your jetting is lean all the way from top to bottom.

Turning the airscrew might get you back into range (well enough to ride this weekend) but it may not be enough. You'll probably have to step up a few main jet sizes too.

Ok, guys im uploading video of the sound, not the best but you can tell if you listen closely, i jsut wanna make sure its the pilot before i go buy it.

Here it is...Listen very closely at 10-12 seconds, see how it hesitates??? and at 30-31 again it doesnt hesitate that much but you can tell its not right...

P.S. lol i was holding phone with my mouth xD

Last edited by a moderator: