Wierd Bog O.o

darealblaster

2 STROKIN PUERTO RICAN
Sep 6, 2008
Puerto Rico
OK guys, heres whats up....Took oil injection off, the right way. Mixed "fresh" gas at 40:1(a bit more rich, its never exact), Ran it, and it was way rich, so i jetted, and its running fine, only problem is.....When im riding at high rpms(like we should) and for obvious reasons so i odnt crash i gotta slow down and the rpms go low almsot idle like, when i give it back full throttle it doesnt respond at all till like a second? and slowly revs back up and here we go powerband.....even if i downshift i still get that bog. So i went back, and the plug is fine, dark brown, so i said, lets try lowering the needle 1 notch(to lean it) and now it doesnt do it as often(although i didnt get a nice test ride) but it still does it..

SO could this be bad gas?? even though i jsut bought it at the gas station.....Besides that bog it runs awesome, starts first kick, idles fine.

i would suggest mixing at 32:1 for a blaster. then rejet. also, are the reeds go, bad, what?
also you want to raise the clip to lean it out, not lower the clip on the needle.

Reactions: darealblaster
i would suggest mixing at 32:1 for a blaster. then rejet. also, are the reeds go, bad, what?
also you want to raise the clip to lean it out, not lower the clip on the needle.

at 32:1 it smokes way too much, at 40:1 its jsut how it should be.....Reeds are perfect, and yea i know what you mean, but when you raise the clip, the needle is lowered ;) i did it right(raised clip to lean it)

have you changed the needle yet? did it make a difference?

Yes i changed needle, it did not make much difference, although i didnt get a full ride, i took it out for a spin to test it, and it still does it(not as bad but still does it) and i cant lean it more or ill be running lean, jetting is jsut right, plug chop said so.

If you run it up to speed and then let off the throttle real quick and let the wheels push the engine, does it sputter down as you slow down or "ring ting" down?

The pilot circuit is what keeps the mixture right at high rpm's but low throttle settings. If you allow the bike to slow down naturally without throttle, the engine should gently "ring ting ting" down as you slow down. If it goes to a dead bog your pilot jet is off.

If the pilot's wrong the engine will seem dead when you smack the throttle again because the plug was coated while the engine was slowing back down.

Could it be something as simple as just straight up bad gas??? Cuz the gas station i went doesnt always get the best fuel... And sometimes when some time has passed the raptor someitmes pops out the exhaust with this gas, and when fresh is put in it, no longer does it.

bad gas would give a sputter, this seems more like jetting.

OK, raise the clip one notch more and see?? but the last raise didnt do much of a difference......i gotta test it in the trails, i tested it in the road and its not the same cuz its always in high rpms, at the trails its most noticeable cuz the rpms keep chaging.

do this. warm your engine up. put in a new plug after the engine is warm. take it on the road and hold it at like 1/2 throttle in 6th gears for like 20 seconds. shut quad off and take out plug, see what it looks like.

do this. warm your engine up. put in a new plug after the engine is warm. take it on the road and hold it at like 1/2 throttle in 6th gears for like 20 seconds. shut quad off and take out plug, see what it looks like.

ok, so, i warm it up, change plugs, rip it to 6th gear, and hold throttle at 1/2 for 20 seconds and i pull clutch and shut it off while running or come to a complete stop(gear down) and shut it off.

Ok sheeblast, here it is...warmed it up with old plugged, put in new plug, rip it to 6th gear, hold it at 1/2 throttle for like 20 seconds, pull clutch in and shut it off, and heres the result, jetting is perfect.

2q1di1j.jpg

its a bit darker brown in reality, but its a sh*tty cellphone pic lol

Ok, im back from chaging jetting settings, and using an old plug(not used much) i gave it a ride, wot all the times in all gears, started running bad and sputtering(ended up being low on gas :p) ....So i took out the plug and it changed the color to a light light brown almost pinkish at first glance lol.

6fpjpl.jpg

EDIT: It did not do the bog, i was in 6th gear and slowed down alot(didnt gear down), and gave it gas, and it was normal, didnt do the no respones sh*t.

So is my jetting good now?

f*ck your camera is bad.
but get a new plug, fresh gas and give it a ride for a while. like ride for 30minutes or whatever. take the plug out and see what it looks like. and remember if it bogs ever or sputters or whatever.

f**ck your camera is bad.
but get a new plug, fresh gas and give it a ride for a while. like ride for 30minutes or whatever. take the plug out and see what it looks like. and remember if it bogs ever or sputters or whatever.

lmao its the phones camera, dont have a nice camera around xD