Whys my Blaster been so sh*tty?

Yamahaman03

Oct 2, 2015
im new to the fourm i have a 2003 yamaha blaster with a carb boot spacer full dg pipe an new wisco pistion it has eaten 4 pistons and im pretty sure my crank just sh*t the bed so i wanna get a hot crank and i wanna bore it over but while im tearing it all apart i wanna put all new gaskets in and seals

Soooo, what do you want to know? There's a 96% probability that the reed block gasket or the crank seals are leaking, which caused a lean condition and melted it down. Before it was torn down, when the 1st piston failed, a leakdown test should have been performed to diagnose air leaks.

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
^^^Yep. Its not like a 4 stroke. If something like that happens always do a leaktest before tearing apart so you can find where all the leaks are. I learned that the hard way! If you just keep putting pistons in with an air leak, they will keep melting, blowing up.

If you have not jetted for the DG pipe and confirmed it with a plug chop then you may be running expensively lean.

Directly after rebuild and twice a season, do a leak test.

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
Okay first. I put all.new gaskets in ive never done a plug chop and its jetted fine the plug is not white or black ots perfect the skirts keep breaking and im pretty sure my crank bearings are gone

Plug chop is how most of us check our jetting. Its the only way to know its right, unless you know your machine very well, which you obviously don't. What kind of pistons have you been using? Has it been bored with each piston? At least checked for out of round/taper? The cases should be split and cleaned thoroughly whenever piston debris is involved. Your possibilities could be an airleak, improper jetting, crappy piston, worn cylinder, incorrect piston clearances, the list can keep going. Most people who don't know 2-strokes well usually have airleaks or incorrect jetting

Reactions: dirtysquared
I use wisco only im going through it this winter i always had 4 strokes i know some about 2 strokes i like 2 stroke better so i bought this and ove got a kx 125 bored 20 over and i honed it for each piston

Theres the legend her self

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1443648884644.jpg
    FB_IMG_1443648884644.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 151
Well if you hone it every time that will increase the bore. especially after 4 of them....
Your pistons are probably too small, create piston slap and break the skirts off.
Your rod and crank bearings are 100% shot if you dropped 4 skirts into the bottom end

I doubt your jetting is "fine" if you break a piston every time you ride it you dont even have time to know

Do some research. and i dont say this to be mean. Everything you need to know is on this forum already