Why

snake61047

Mar 9, 2013
Northern Illinois
I keep hearing about people swaping out the rear shock for a 400ex,450r, kfx 400, or 250r. Why, what is wrong with the stock shock. I dont do alot of jummping. Just a couple here and there. I to like to go fast through fields and trail ride though. Would it benifit me to to the swap? Any other suspension mods you would sugest? Thanks Josh

29 years old ha ?
give it a few more years and you're back will be begging for a softer, plusher ride. :)

but really, good suspension will make you faster in trails/rough stuff by soaking up the bumps and keeping the tires where they need to be, on the ground, not bunny hopping all over the place losing traction and steering ability

the 400/450 shocks are a huge improvement over that stiff a$$ stock stick

thats what i thought. My back is shot. I broke it at 17 and cant handle stiff rides. why to i hear that a old 250R shock is the best

i may be wrong please correct me if i am but the 450r is the softest but the 400ex is not far behind it and the 250r i think is about a inch or 2 longer

some 250r shocks are claimed to be a close fit length wise ??
not sure what years or 3/4 wheels they are ?
the supposed 87 trx 250r shock i have on my black bike is way too long and required a shock mount relocation, but damn sure is plush