why wont my kickstarter stay folded in??

blasterboy32

Jan 9, 2012
harrisburg, pennsylvania
when i ride my kickstarter swings out. i know theres a spring and a small ball in there. is that what keeps it in place? or is it because maybe the inside of it where it fits on is worn down? it just gets annoying after awhile and want to try to fix it quick if its an easy fix.

i have new springs and balls, if the inside of the kicker itself isn't worn badly, these will work
pm me if interested

you should be able to hear an audible click when closing it,
if so, it's more than likely not gonna beat a hole in your shin as you ride

You can fix it very easy as long as you have a standard bb laying around its almost free, if you take the spring and ball out of the kick start perch, you will notice the ball bearing is very simmaler to a brass or copper bb. While you have it apart grease the joint up really good but not where the spring and ball go.. if you take the ball bearing put it in first, in the order you took it out, and add that brass or copper bb n there as a spacer, it will give the spring more pressure and will in turn solve your problem.. put it all back together and you should be good to go, I know there's a video of the prossess fliating around somewhere ill try and find it for you.. best of luck!!

Search on you tube for, how to fix sloppy yamaha blaster kickstarter . awesome video!! Its 7mi. Long and explains it much better than I could lol. Hope this helps!

You can fix it very easy as long as you have a standard bb laying around its almost free, if you take the spring and ball out of the kick start perch, you will notice the ball bearing is very simmaler to a brass or copper bb. While you have it apart grease the joint up really good but not where the spring and ball go.. if you take the ball bearing put it in first, in the order you took it out, and add that brass or copper bb n there as a spacer, it will give the spring more pressure and will in turn solve your problem.. put it all back together and you should be good to go, I know there's a video of the prossess fliating around somewhere ill try and find it for you.. best of luck!!

Did that and it didn't work for me. I think the BB's are to soft. I would get the kit from awk and be done with it. It will save you from having to screw with it over and over.

i too have tried every conceivable combination of different springs, balls, spacers, stretching springs, ect. ect. ect. nothing worked for more than a week or so
until i found these exact replacements from a different application

Hey does anyone know where I can find the right spring and ball bearing for the kick-starter?
I have the same problem and tried the bb fix but it didn't work for me either.

Thanks

Hey does anyone know where I can find the right spring and ball bearing for the kick-starter?
I have the same problem and tried the bb fix but it didn't work for me either.

Thanks

i have some on order at my local cernics suzuki,
Pm me next week sometime, they're notorious for taking forever to come in...japan ???