Hole behind the clutch basket

Conner Jones

Dec 16, 2018
Ok so i have a 2005 blaster and one of the bolts that holds on my clutch plates came off and tore up some stuff inside the clutch cover. It messed up my kickstarter spring, but that's not really a big problem. What im concerned about is it put a hole a little to the left of the clutch assembly, right behind the gear, and you can see through to the middle of the engine.. It's a very small hole, a little smaller than a pinkie fingernail. What should I do? Is it okay to put a new clutch and kickstarter in and keep using it, or is the hole going to cause problems. If i need to fix it, can I have someone weld it, or am i going to have to get a whole new engine?

get us a pic of it so we can better understand where the hole is ?
sounds like it's into the trans area which could be ok ?
depending on it's location and if the missing piece of aluminum is inside the gear area ?

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Its to the left of the clutch basket, and its going into the middle of the engine. I can see the transmission gears through the hole. And it is jagged, so definitely not supposed to be there. Im not sure if the piece went into the transmission gears, or what. My kickstarter spring also busted apart, so there were lots of little pieces sitting at the bottom of the clutch cover. Not sure if the metal went in the transmission or not.

Capture+_2019-02-03-12-54-49.png
Capture+_2019-02-03-12-54-21.png

I'd say the hole itself won't hurt anything, but the missing piece may ?