Why I called swingarm shop arms licorice

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
A swingarm shop arm and my design... which do you think is going to bend/twist first???

cecc_1.jpg

GEDC2320.jpg

That is actually an older swingarm shop swingarm.There new design the shock mount tube penetrates through the side and they add an additional tube for bracing.That design is alot better than their previous one(pictured above).Yours is deffinately strong as bull thats for sure,and looks sweet.The gussets are the way to go.I think it is time for you to start producing some!!! lol

that would be awesome but none of us could afford it i'm sure. my price limit for a swinger is about 600 with a good coating powdercoat/chrome

looks a lot like my Laeger's, but the shock mount on mine looks a little odd, i haven't actually checked the geometry, going to do that soon and possibly move it

004-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

looks a lot like my Laeger's, but the shock mount on mine looks a little odd, i haven't actually checked the geometry, going to do that soon and possibly move it

004-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Considering the fact that I learned what I know about making swingarms in his shop.............. :D Lest you forget I have known Doug Roll, Mark Leager and Dean sundahl since the mid 80's

It's always been my opinion that a place like the swingarm shop could make the swingarms we need if they where really listening. They have the market & tooling to do arms right. They're already set up with the equipment. I say they hire phragle as a consultant and give Blaster owners what they want!
IMHO .. burp

I have thought labor and material wise, if the swing arm shop guy would sell say 5 or 10 swing arms bare, no powdercoating... it would almost be cost effective to take them, cut them up and put them back together...If I could get swing arms from him for 150, I could beef them ad long travel shock mount and turn them around for 425 powdercoated even...

I have thought labor and material wise, if the swing arm shop guy would sell say 5 or 10 swing arms bare, no powdercoating... it would almost be cost effective to take them, cut them up and put them back together...If I could get swing arms from him for 150, I could beef them ad long travel shock mount and turn them around for 425 powdercoated even...

i'd want to know exactly what they're making those things out of before even bothering with it though. i think there's a good chance that using cheap/thin steel is part of the issue with them

round style axle carrier

Built by THE SWINGARM SHOP using high tolerance jigs & welded to perfection!

Constructed with new materials and the best metalworking equipment

Laser cut 1/4" steel plate 11.Ga. 1" x 2" & .156 D.O.M tubing Joints are formed to fit, this adds superior strength with a smooth transition

Virtually Indestructible Weighs apox. 10 pounds

1 Year Warranty - Satisfaction Guaranteed

Race proven for over 20 years!

I GOT MY INFO FROM EBAY...lol