Why do people remove the oil injection?

cause eventhough not very many people have seen them fail, people dont trust them, they look ugly on there, they can fail, and people like to premix it themselves.

I have an 88 and it has not failed me yet. But At least when you mix it you know for sure and you can adjust the ratio.

I personally would rather have the oil injection. I havent had a single problem yet and its so much easier than mixing gas. Its very luxurious and why would I want to have a harder time with it? I always leave room for luxury :D

well so far,,

Untrustworthy
to change mix ratio
Its ugly

Only stock 26mm carbs come with a oil port??
if you roll your bike over you have to reprime the pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its ran by a plastic gear and plastic motors suck
theres electrical involved in the low oil warning light

theres a chance you could get gas gas without oil and your motor would run without oil and burn up,
if you have spent big bucks on hotrod mods why risk it, premix and when it runs out of gas/oil it dies

the pump pumps oil variable to engine speed and when its freezing cold it may not pump at all at idle

If you change jetting your still running the same oil ratio

if you crash and your bike lands on its side, the left one, and stays running, the pump could loose its prime and it aint a self priming deal

If you ride a wheely or up a BIG long hill same deal, you loose oil to the pump

no way to filter the oil

japanese grade a clusterfu$king abortionated excuse of an afterthought

because
why not
it aint yours, dont worry about it

Best said leave it alone only if you drive it like a golf cart

I would think it would only work on stock motors. When you start to mod your motor to the point of needing more fuel, it's still injecting the same amount of oil.

^^^^ agree with the hill, mine still has the injection system and I was climbing a hill about 3/4 way up it shut off as I crested the top and WITHOUT brakes I had to slide back down the hill, it was hell, but luckily it didnt harm the engine, once I repair the brakes and the motor blows that block off is going on during the rebuild. Lol

anybody that claims premixing gas is hard probably spent a good portion of their childhood eating paint chips . 4oz of oil per gallon = 32:1 ratio . Can't get any easier . And you can't run the oil tank dry cause its in the gas !!!! . I junked that POS pump the 1st day I had my Blasty .

also all the good quality oil is premix only. i prefer not to run that overpriced yamalube junk that works with the injector. mine came with it blocked because it failed on the PO when it was cold out

Reactions: York Racing
Actually daredereck not true. Amsoil sells an oil called "Interceptor" made specifically for injectors. By the way, I gave you the rep for the other day for helping me with the shipping masters.

Oh i didnt know tht 98. I still dont see any luxury in injection. It takes 5 minuets extra for each gas can and i get the luxury of knowing that if there is gas there is oil. No exceptions